Security Installer Community

Gardtec 490x

Arfur yes.

For example the galaxy 2-20 has a built in modem and will text, sia3 udl etc, and that will text upto 4 numbers with varying level of detail, ie mains fail/restore, daughter unset, alarm on 12 hallway etc, and all events will send additional texts , ie hall, lounge, dining etc.

You cant text it back mind like the gsm panels, but i do believe there is a web server module coming for it, later in the year. (it is for the dimension but assume it will also work on the g2)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Arfur yes.

For example the galaxy 2-20 has a built in modem and will text, sia3 udl etc, and that will text upto 4 numbers with varying level of detail, ie mains fail/restore, daughter unset, alarm on 12 hallway etc, and all events will send additional texts , ie hall, lounge, dining etc.

You cant text it back mind like the gsm panels, but i do believe there is a web server module coming for it, later in the year. (it is for the dimension but assume it will also work on the g2)

this is specific to the 490, but i know other panels have this option as do s-a-l voice dialers, Gartecs own plug on modem has it too - apparently :unsure:

i just wonder how useful it really is? against the usual call to a mobile? gardtec's built in VoCom gives some details to an answered call, but even if you miss it will go to VM box and show on cli, no key press so no message but the call from home number will alert you something was up.

so imo for the drive to take the hassle of setting it up, you'd have to have a real need, open/close notifications but what else would it be of value otherwise than for the deaf? or loads of false alarms perhaps :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i just wonder how useful it really is? against the usual call to a mobile? gardtec's built in VoCom gives some details to an answered call, but even if you miss it will go to VM box and show on cli, no key press so no message but the call from home number will alert you something was up.

regs

alan

you any idea how many missed calls i get from my home number during a normal day?

I`d rather have a text telling me its the alarm gone off instead of rushing back after I`ve put all my tools away and the ladders back on the van to find Mrs A. decided I would like fish fingers for tea after all ..... then going out

Angus

Guest anguscanplay
also via text you would get

11:02 lounge

11:03 disarmed wife.

need to respond now?

too right, she should still be shopping at that time - somethings wrong LOL

you any idea how many missed calls i get from my home number during a normal day?

I`d rather have a text telling me its the alarm gone off instead of rushing back after I`ve put all my tools away and the ladders back on the van to find Mrs A. decided I would like fish fingers for tea after all ..... then going out

Angus

:lol:

i have a buisnes t-mobiile shared contract so wife - me calls are free even if one is abroad (as long as the call is from the uk), so she uses the mobil, only one son at home anyway at the moment, mind you he did call me from the landline when i was in Greece to ask if his mum if she had any wrapping paper for his girlfriends birthday present - 10p a sheet v call @

Guest anguscanplay
:lol:

i have a buisnes t-mobiile shared contract so wife - me calls are free even if one is abroad (as long as the call is from the uk), so she uses the mobil, only one son at home anyway at the moment, mind you he did call me from the landline when i was in Greece to ask if his mum if she had any wrapping paper for his girlfriends birthday present - 10p a sheet v call @

LOl - yeah the calls ARE free, I just cant be doing with talking to her that many times a day (she thinks I spend all day up my ladders now)

:P

the point i was making is, her mobile number is different from the house landlines number so i'd know its the alarm as if she is at work that is also different to my landline number. in my case it would be the fax line, never used for voice outgoing calls.

in my previous life a service engineer, we got issued with pagers (i really hated the ruddy thing), so i'd get a bleep and phone the office, if they had not paged me i'd phone home, no answere then where she worked, obviously depending on the time of day.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
:P

the point i was making is, her mobile number is different from the house landlines number so i'd know its the alarm as if she is at work that is also different to my landline number. in my case it would be the fax line, never used for voice outgoing calls.

in my previous life a service engineer, we got issued with pagers (i really hated the ruddy thing), so i'd get a bleep and phone the office, if they had not paged me i'd phone home, no answere then where she worked, obviously depending on the time of day.

regs

alan

we were ahead of you - if the pager went once it was the office, twice it was the wife .....

we were ahead of you - if the pager went once it was the office, twice it was the wife .....

no, if the pager went 1st call was to the office, nobody from there so it was the wife by deduction. 2 pages got to admit could be confussing,as office might need you urgently, but most likely a coincidence and happened very rarely.

regs

alan

Archived