Security Installer Community

Pc Anti Virus Software

arfur mo

Use the full version here, also all incoming/outgoing emails are also scanned by our ISP :rolleyes:
Now i wasnt going to say. but as you brought it up. We used AV and our ISP filtering and we still got some junk. Now we use external email filtering agency and get ZERO junk. Stats show we managed to filter some 3-5 thousand spams a day but some always got through. Now NIL get through So our only risk is in house software installed product.

Customers!

Now i wasnt going to say. but as you brought it up. We used AV and our ISP filtering and we still got some junk. Now we use external email filtering agency and get ZERO junk. Stats show we managed to filter some 3-5 thousand spams a day but some always got through. Now NIL get through So our only risk is in house software installed product.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest RJBsec

Spam filters are not the same as anti-virus and internet security programmes.

There are loads of spam filters around but few are 'instant', most require a 'learning' process to reach a satisfactory catch level and even then some spam may slip through and some genuine mail may be wrongly marked as spam.

Outsourced like Jeff mentioned, or server-based programmes generally offer a good level of spam protection.

As a freebie, using or directing email through a gmail account will eliminate a huge percentage of spam as gmail has excellent spam filtering.

Yes on the works machine. The company I work for didn't supply any anti-virus an I am responsible for the laptop. Since I am conscious of viruses, I have used avg for a number of years. Why pay for it if you can get it free!

So you don't bother complying with licence agreements then?

Used Mcafee AV for years, no real issues with it,

I did once try Norton, poor PC went from being fairly fast to feeling like I was using a 486/DX25, yeah that slow.

I've heard bad things about NOD, AVG seems good, so does avast

Best protection is Anti-Virus + good firewall (not the windows one too many closed yet open ports on it) + Good Anti-spyware (SpyBot Search n Destroy) + Spam filter (Mailwasher Pro, you still see the spam but it doesn't hit your inbox and you get to make sure that your ISP didn't marked legit emails as "*** SPAM ***").

I currently use the McAfee suite with most of it turned off as well machine to snail when loading, much faster with just system checking + e-mail attachments checked intergrates with mailwasher pro to boot.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

hi

the best on the market by far is ESET NOD32, ive studied alot of antivirus and this is best by far... DON'T use any symantic software as its designed to use more processor power than anyothers, also stay away from anything to do with microsoft.Friend of mine works at there developing centre in the usa and he has told me that microsoft make viruses to test their system and also more you have from microsoft the more they can spy and tell if your software is licienced and to me that invasion of your privacy....

its your choice but as i say " eset nod32 "

dom

hi guys,

i've been using Kaspersky Internet security V6 for the past year, bought it as was on offer with 3 licenses, had anti-spam filtering big hate isue for me, now coming up for renewal. i can get off amazon for

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

hi

the best on the market by far is ESET NOD32, ive studied alot of antivirus and this is best by far... DON'T use any symantic software as its designed to use more processor power than anyothers, also stay away from anything to do with microsoft.Friend of mine works at there developing centre in the usa and he has told me that microsoft make viruses to test their system and also more you have from microsoft the more they can spy and tell if your software is licienced and to me that invasion of your privacy....

its your choice but as i say " eset nod32 "

dom

And the AV software guys don't??

All down to personal choice but i'd agree regarding symantec. It's like a virus all on its own.

:unsure:

AVG free is a good minimum protection , but all anti-virus software will slow your computer , some more than others ,computers 10 years ago could open word and excel docs faster than now , even with a superfast brand new machine , unfortunately all anti-virus software is looking at everything ,everywhere all the time , and is gobbling up your machines resources by monitoring it all the time , it has to due to the constant growing number of viruses etc.

Best Regards

Nat

• 3 months later...

Archived