Security Installer Community

Genie Cctv Cameras

zs123

hi all,

i am still in search of a true day/night ir cut filter camera and have come across Genie CCTV that do some body cameras that maybe suitable. anyone used these and if so how have you found them?

as i understand it the sens-up ones are to be avoided? due to motion blurring?

Antivandal dome genie cameras were very good, used them on lots of installs last year... come in silver colour casing, little room inside for balun but it can be done, varifocal nice colour sharp picture, a thumbs up from me

i agree used them on 2 x sites now and had fantastic results.

well happy from both site up to noe.

just ordered their LG Body Cameras to try for a week.

lets hope its going to give good result.

cheers

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

The only problem with them is theyre overpriced, I can get the same camera elsewhere cheaper :whistle:

Cheap isn't always best Ian. What about reliability, consistent quality, pre & post sales support, onsite technical backup if needed. Not all smaller suppliers offer these types of service?

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

What about reliability, consistent quality

If its exactly the same camera why should they be different?

I would agree with the other points so i will add,

Why buy overpriced Genie branded cameras when i can buy exactly the same camera in the same housing elswhere much cheaper with all the pre & post sales support, onsite technical backup (if needed) i can wish for.

Try my cameras then Ian. Quality and reliability is good, competitively priced. I'm not the cheapest nor the most expensive but we are all from a technical background whether alarms, fire or cctv and offer good telephone or onsite support.

What I have found is from past experience that if you visit IFSEC and see a supplier that is offering a cheaper camera and the quality seems to be good, what most people dont realise is that not only is there the cost of the unit, normally no credit is offered in the far east so payment upfront is necessary, thens there's import duties, possible local taxes in the other country, shipping charges and then when the first shipment comes it may not be the same quality as originally saw. What seemed like a good deal may turn into a nightmare.

Now I'm not saying this will happen, just what I have experienced with another company.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

The last 4 replies don't really help this topic.

I disagree, the original question was about a Genie camera, i have offered an alternative view regarding this Genie branded camera which is very relevant.

The fact is the exact same camera module is with the exact same housing, the only difference between the 2 is one has a Genie sticker on it and the other doesnt. Therefore price become very relevant! As does the back up as Stuart has pointed out.

Stuart while i see you like to use this forum to advertise your business, i wont be swayed into buying form you thank you.

I am sure your offering a cracking service but my current supplier more than meets all my expectations some of which i know you cannot match!

Archived