Security Installer Community

Castle Caretech Euro Meridian G2 System

Graham750

Sorry dont mean to offend

Not all I am not offended, the company is aproved has all the correct certification, I expect when the need arises to some engineers they stick fingers through lenses and replace batteries when not needed. The impact it has on me is that I will question the bill - will not place too much emphasis on certification in the future and find a local engineer who is known or learn it myself.

I expect a lot of you guys come across this all the time, meet customers on here who have had enough of the cowboys.

Any way no one answered my question :) by swaping the resitor and the blue in the photo does that mean the PIR is now incorrectly wired??

While we dont know the full facts id careful critisising them without their defence. If they did put a finger through the lens then id definetly complain.

When you say correct certification? what do you mean?

No-one should replace anything that is not needed.

And yes we have all had enough of the cowboys and they need to be removed

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ah ok so it wont make a differnce either the blue wire or the resitor can be in either one of the places. Many thanks it does seem to be woking jsut worried i may have it wrong way round should be able to sleep better now I know I can get on with it tomoz :)

Guest anguscanplay

just a quick question - are you trying to refit the detector the old company removed somewhere else in your property ? just if it does have a hole in the lens, a new one would be a better idea

Angus

just a quick question - are you trying to refit the detector the old company removed somewhere else in your property ? just if it does have a hole in the lens, a new one would be a better idea

No this is actually a new detector and an addition to the the system, I wanted to do it to build a better understanding of the system and think about additional expansion in the future.

Angus

Archived