Security Installer Community

Castle Caretech Euro Meridian G2 System

Graham750

Hi Guys,,

I have a Castle Caretech Euro Meridian G2 System and just added a new PIR, installed the resitors for EOL but not sure what input type to select in programming to enable it, when I do select intruder type 06 all i get is fault with input 02. An help would be greatly appreciated. the fault shown in diagnostics is ">25.3K DT"

Hope you can help as really cant afford engineer at this time.

Hi Guys,,

I have a Castle Caretech Euro Meridian G2 System and just added a new PIR, installed the resitors for EOL but not sure what input type to select in programming to enable it, when I do select intruder type 06 all i get is fault with input 02. An help would be greatly appreciated. the fault shown in diagnostics is ">25.3K DT"

Hope you can help as really cant afford engineer at this time.

The first thing to do is look how many zones appear in diagnostics if its 8 its eol, if its 30 then its set up as id. Have a better idea whats going on. Also have you got a tamper fault on the pir or cable?? what value resistors you using and have you put them in right?

The first thing to do is look how many zones appear in diagnostics if its 8 its eol, if its 30 then its set up as id. Have a better idea whats going on. Also have you got a tamper fault on the pir or cable?? what value resistors you using and have you put them in right?

Thanks for getting back to me,

I can see 8 zones in diagnostics, dont believe there is any tamper faults, diags is now showing 02.2K DT with cover replaced on the PIR

I have attached a pic showing the connections on the pir and have used the resitors supplied with the panel 4K7 and 2K2 and connected as detailed inthe manual, blue wire goes back to COM on the panel - yellow back to Z2 - black to Neg and red to Pos.

I think the programming is where im falling over as I dont understand the various input types but logically selected 06 as intruder but there is many others that blow my mind.

Your help appreciated

post-17564-1213536735_thumb.jpg

Well you seem to have everything right, the panel is set as eol and the resistors look like there the right way round, 06 is also correct as an intruder circuit, if it shows 2k2 with the pir cover on in diagnostics then that is the correct value so it shouldnt show fault. Have a look in diagnostics, view zone status and see if the zone says C or O or F

C=Clear

O=Open

F=Fault

Oh dont forget to try a diffierent zone

Well you seem to have everything right, the panel is set as eol and the resistors look like there the right way round, 06 is also correct as an intruder circuit, if it shows 2k2 with the pir cover on in diagnostics then that is the correct value so it shouldnt show fault. Have a look in diagnostics, view zone status and see if the zone says C or O or F

C=Clear

O=Open

F=Fault

Oh dont forget to try a diffierent zone

I have done what you suggested swapped the blue with the resitor and now I have 2k2 with cc in the diags, when the PIR sees movement then it goes to O, Looks like your suggestion has worked and for that I am very grateful it would have cost me a few notes to get the techs in again as a recent service cost over 200 notes , that i dont have to spare.

Really appreciate your help

I have done what you suggested swapped the blue with the resitor and now I have 2k2 with cc in the diags, when the PIR sees movement then it goes to O, Looks like your suggestion has worked and for that I am very grateful it would have cost me a few notes to get the techs in again as a recent service cost over 200 notes , that i dont have to spare.

Really appreciate your help

The tamper switch in the pir is knackered oh and dont forget to seal the big hole youve made at the top of the pir with something non-conductive ............................... A service for 200 quid !!!! Thats shocking, does that entitle you to 24hr cover, service after a year etc?

The tamper switch in the pir is knackered oh and dont forget to seal the big hole youve made at the top of the pir with something non-conductive ............................... A service for 200 quid !!!! Thats shocking, does that entitle you to 24hr cover, service after a year etc?

The hole in PIR is as installed by service company the 200 bill was after a 70 pound quote and the change of a battery and replacement PIR because of a hole in the lens. The replacement I did is the PIR they never noticed had another hole in it. After changing the blue wire round as you susggeste does that mean the tamper will not work on the system because the tamper switch seems to work when I put a tester across it.

Oh and ther service does not include any after care like callouts or next years service, I think I was done. But at least I have found this site which seems to be very helpful.

Thanks Again

The hole in PIR is as installed by service company the 200 bill was after a 70 pound quote and the change of a battery and replacement PIR because of a hole in the lens. The replacement I did is the PIR they never noticed had another hole in it. After changing the blue wire round as you susggeste does that mean the tamper will not work on the system because the tamper switch seems to work when I put a tester across it.

Oh and ther service does not include any after care like callouts or next years service, I think I was done. But at least I have found this site which seems to be very helpful.

Thanks Again

When they came out did they wear a mask and stripey jumper??

Archived