Security Installer Community

Dual Tec Dt7550a

Can the range on these be adjusted? I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but I've got one installed in a ~18ft corridor with 6 doors, three on each side. I want the sensor to detect if anybody sticks their head out of any the first 4 doors but not reach as far as the last two doors that are opposite each other, ie effectively allowing people to walk across from one room to the other at the far end of the corridor. I've got the microwave sensor turned right down to minimum (25%) but the sensor is still PIR and Microwave detecting movement right at the far end of the corridor.

Guest RJBsec

Think that detector has an 18m range, or around 60 feet so 25% is going to be 15 feet even if it's that accurate.

You'd probably be better off positioning the detector away from the last doors and towards the doors you want to cover but its not an ideal situation and you could still get activationss depending on circumstances.

lets hope its setup right if this toso is knickin somthing

Was for night setting, I wanted to allow movement between last two rooms across corridor, but have the rest of the corridor coverered. The corridor is L shape so sensor in corner covers both sides (the shorter side pointing to front door).

'Stick head out' was just my terminology, I didn't mean it literally :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to move sensor.

Now about that headless torso..........

Was going to post to the above but give up the will to live.

chill out, I understand it, so surely not that complicated that a bona fide full trade member like yourself has to contemplate such action. - We don't need a real headless torso on our hands.....although I guess it would help us to investigate the DT 'head only' detection theory.

Archived