Security Installer Community

Vcl Dome Prob

Hi there

Went to a site yesterday to solve some of there cctv problems they were having.

One camera in particular is behaving oddly. First the guards on site said the picture went grey, which it had due to somebody

activating privicy all round the full 360 scene. But then every time an automatic gate is opened, which is below the dome, it moves the dome sending it into a short tour.

Not being up to the dome yet as a lift is required, just wondering if any of you had any thoughts.

cheers:hmm:

Do you Know a good local locksmith in your area if so please let me know as i might have some work for them. Thanks.

Hi there

One camera in particular is behaving oddly. First the guards on site said the picture went grey, which it had due to somebody

activating privicy all round the full 360 scene. But then every time an automatic gate is opened, which is below the dome, it moves the dome sending it into a short tour.

Not being up to the dome yet as a lift is required, just wondering if any of you had any thoughts.

Sounds like somebody has also changed an alarm input on the dome to activate this tour, after the gate start command. Should probably be programmed just to do a preset to look at the gate. Passwords set in the dome after, should solve any future problems.

Sounds like somebody has also changed an alarm input on the dome to activate this tour, after the gate start command. Should probably be programmed just to do a preset to look at the gate. Passwords set in the dome after, should solve any future problems.

No alarm input to either the dome or the BBV controller, wondering if a spike from the gate mains could be the cause. ?

Do you Know a good local locksmith in your area if so please let me know as i might have some work for them. Thanks.

possible have a look at what its programmed to do after powerl fail and change it to preset 1

Great idea, but with respect, you should really find the fault. Is the dome PSU on the same cable / trip as the gate ?

i wasnt suggesting it as a solution subs lol, just to prove it was a power problem in the first place

I wasn't trying to cast nasturtiums, it didnt occur to me that you meant to leave it that way....LOL

If it is a BBV controller - check at the controller to see if any alarm inputs there and then check the programming from there.

(put a monitor on video out & then press the two outer buttons).

you could just press the two outer buttons first and then should start a auto tour.

Also check what happens at the BBV controller when the gate opens.

Does the VCL dome go back to a multi-plexer / switcher/ keyboard?

is it set up for movement detection?

Does monitor ( No.1 usually) indicate any aalrms or presets when this happens

If you remove mains to dome or BBV what happens?

Please bear in mind i could be talking a load of the proverbial - i am by no means a CCTV expert (a lot of here are far more CCTV savvy then me) but i work on VCL domes a far bit and have had a BBV on site training course (in other words i found one on site once and had to self teach myself - with the help of BBV tech - how they worked :cry: ).

This fault sounds like you need to simulate the fault and then check for responses at the controller/dome/monitors.

I would'nt have thought you would have to go the expense effort of getting a cherry picker unless the dome is showing a obvious fault or you can't accesS sthe BBV controls

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Hi there

Mostly guesswork this. as you said there are no alarms connected &

as the gate is below the dome, theres a good chance that they are both fed from the same power source. if the problem is triggered by the gate motor starting ie. momentary high starting current . could it be that there is a sudden drop in mains caused by something silly like loose connections in the spur, or a dodgy trip, even insufficiently rated cable if its a long run, which is causing the dome to 're start' ? ?

Archived