Security Installer Community

Vcl Dome Prob

nasturtiums

lol great word

and yes above was my thoughts the powerfail to preset 1 will prove it, my guess is its run of the same supply as the dome and probably the dome cable was never intended to run a abarrier

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Mostly guesswork this. as you said there are no alarms connected &

as the gate is below the dome, theres a good chance that they are both fed from the same power source. if the problem is triggered by the gate motor starting ie. momentary high starting current . could it be that there is a sudden drop in mains caused by something silly like loose connections in the spur, or a dodgy trip, even insufficiently rated cable if its a long run, which is causing the dome to 're start' ? ?

My initial thoughts are along these line, but if you lose power to any VCL dome the screen goes blue for a couple of seconds then the start up routine kicks in. This doesn't go into start up, it just moves the camera when ever the gate closes or opens.

Am going to site on monday to see what i can do, will probabaly just try a master reset on the dome and see what happens.

:hmm:

Do you Know a good local locksmith in your area if so please let me know as i might have some work for them. Thanks.

My initial thoughts are along these line, but if you lose power to any VCL dome the screen goes blue for a couple of seconds then the start up routine kicks in. This doesn't go into start up, it just moves the camera when ever the gate closes or opens.

Am going to site on monday to see what i can do, will probabaly just try a master reset on the dome and see what happens.

:hmm:

We're talking milliseconds here, bit like a 'spike' in reverse, not a complete loss of power. and not enough to discharge the domes resevoir cap. Just enough to kick the dome, or even crash the processor.

We're talking milliseconds here, bit like a 'spike' in reverse, not a complete loss of power. and not enough to discharge the domes resevoir cap. Just enough to kick the dome, or even crash the processor.

Yes enough to scramble processor and move dome. Sometimes it moves 30% another time a full 360%.

Do you Know a good local locksmith in your area if so please let me know as i might have some work for them. Thanks.

id look at isolating the supply temporily then, maybe a battery or run a 24v psu of an inverter in your car. That way you will know.

Then we cam look at solutions once we know for sure its power related.

Is it a 12v dc or 24v ac dome?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

id look at isolating the supply temporily then, maybe a battery or run a 24v psu of an inverter in your car. That way you will know.

Then we cam look at solutions once we know for sure its power related.

Is it a 12v dc or 24v ac dome?

Being to site today and reset dome, seems to have done the job. very strange :hmm:

dome being in about 2 years and not had this prob before.

Oh well you live and learn.

Archived