Security Installer Community

Automatic Face And Walk Recognition

lowlofe

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this system apparently in use here in Northampton

Its supposed to be able to recognize peoples walk and faces and automatically track them from dome camera to dome camera. if the operator chooses to do so

I think it goes by the name of Aurora?

But it dont comply to some data protection and possibly human rights legislation so the local authority are obviously trying to keep it quiet.

It is a backbone so there is no real special cameras that need to be used

Its also worth noting that our local authority decided that they didn't have enough money for christmas lights last year so they didn't put up any lights. http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Lig...tmas.3256758.jp

The real reason being that large amounts of lights swinging the the winter breeze would confuse the Aurora system and would also use up a large amount of hard drive space.

That would also probably be the main reason why all the trees are slowly disappearing throughout the town center.

Sorry that turned into a rant

Regards

alex

so how does this work then is a special software used and linked to the cameras by a computer or sumthing.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

so how does this work then is a special software used and linked to the cameras by a computer or sumthing.

I believe so, its all software based, but the software knows where the cameras are in order to follow a suspect successfully.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with it before

regs

secret squirrel stuff, i know the guy who fitted them, so i will ask him.

Public forum....... :huh:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

didnt say i would tell it here though ;)

I didn't think you would..... :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I didn't think you would..... :P

But surely as the system is in place in the public domain, it shouldnt make a difference if its in the public or trade forum

I anticipate being beaten by a mod now

-hides behind small shack-

regs

alex

Archived