Security Installer Community

Cctv Format

Jim

ilkie i get you

Its probably easier for me cos 7 times out of 10 i say you cant do it on that budget, but offer an altenative, access control, intruder etc.

But being cctv only you couldnt... Ill offer you good commision for every intruder/ access job lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

but then something will happen he will have poor images and want something better, and as you installed it...it will be your problem.

This is why i avoid it.

i'm avoiding nothing, the lack of Police response weakens the sales arguments for having any serious cctv at all.

this is a very successful and astute businessman, day on day he makes decisions (many snap) on cost v profit worth hundreds of thousands of pounds. if something cost more than than its perceived worth he either finds something more competative or don't buy it at all (imagine an alan sugar alike).

the kit in this case has scored high browny points many times in the past, so as you know more it an LJD leviathan which on overall performance, reliability and ease of use is my personal favourit dvr - barr none, and using external Denhard fixed external domes (to look like full ptz's) and various hi res vr domes internally.

others will have their favourite's, but that is not in this discussion, if i wanted or even if you took it over, to 'upgrade' him to the more expensive DM tech arguments apart the sales pitch would be severely dented due to lack of perceived Police interest (right or wrong) as demonstrated earlier.

most systems are bought with a mix of deterrent and if that don't work some element of discovery and possible prosecution using it, flog a cheap system to a corner shop because thats all they want/can afford, as soon as its handed over the owner will feel if it records at least something the police will be grateful - but in practice thats not what it appears is really happening.

to sharpen the focus, while fighting the Police corner (and so mine) about the delay i explained the amount of video they have to get view, the various quality, the client jumps in a and says "the Police 'attitude' to complaining about the quality of a budget systems is like to me being given a free lift, then complaining there was no air con or bar in the car".

so based on your views for only high end kit, everyone should have cars with air con and a fully stocked bar - well roll on i say (hic!).

rergs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i'm avoiding nothing, the lack of Police response weakens the sales arguments for having any serious cctv at all.

opposite - the police attitude weakens the sales argument for " BUDGET CCTV" its only when all CCTV is better will they use it

opposite - the police attitude weakens the sales argument for " BUDGET CCTV" its only when all CCTV is better will they use it

i don't agree with you on this view, even if you were right then we have less chance.

it will never get to the situation where all kit is high end and well installed, meanwhile in your theory say it started monday the early 'adopters' will have to wait what 15- 20 years? for everyone else who installed before last friday to catch up.

thats never going to happen in the real world even if a kind of enforcement was brought in imo, think of it this way why would you or i as a client invest in what will cctv, in the hope the blind Police will have more resources to deal with the load, and the beleif the courts will act on it, wgo in turn will have the jails to send the offender to.

i just think thats a dream too far for the enforced regulation supporter groups

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
thats never going to happen in the real world even if a kind of enforcement was brought in imo, think of it this way why would you or i as a client invest .....

only take one piece of legislation ............. I dont know lets say it said "from monday all cctv can only be operated / installed and or viewed by an approved contractor to THIS minimum standard (and let CORGI run the scheme)................. they`ve banned things in the past you know............ if the will was there from the govt.

Archived