Security Installer Community

Cctv Format

Jim

Hiya

Can you guys help me please?

There seems to be a distinct lack of one compatible format throughout the CCTV industry, I work for a firm that trawls through many hours of footage attempting to identify offenders. Unfortunately not all the footage is viewable due to incompatibility issues.

It has been decided that we will use a laptop and install every format known to man (assuming there aren

Hiya

There seems to be a distinct lack of one compatible format throughout the CCTV industry, I work for a firm that trawls through many hours of footage attempting to identify offenders. Unfortunately not all the footage is viewable due to incompatibility issues.

It has been decided that we will use a laptop and install every format known to man (assuming there aren

Hiya

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Are you sure you mean Format and not the specific software for viewing the recordings from countless manufacturers??

Sorry... That is exactly what I mean. We need the ability to view all types of security CCTV. Sorry for the confusion

Guest RJBsec

I'll start you off - you can Google addresses etc:-

Dedicated Micros

Geovision

Honeywell

Videor Technical

Bosch

Dallmeier

JVC

Mitsubishi

Samsung

Siemens

Sony

Tamron

Teleeye

Videotec

Genie

Dynamic

SystemQ

CCTVWholesales

Others will/may add more - have fun!

Hiya

i can't really help technically speaking with the thrust of you problem, but the thought of several people watching one laptop to view thousands of broadcasts would seem a little ungainly in operation - or am i just being silly old duffer again?

would contacting the BBC not be a bad idea? as most Tv companies watch other Tv companies - who afre actually watching them - i'm off to lye down now for bit.

regs

alan

Hi Alan

Basically we view footage when an incident occurs in an attempt to identify an offender. Sould the offender be identified then we intend to identify the suspect and show him/her the footage. Really simple (if we have the software to view the initial footage.)

Regards

Jim

any 1/2 decent dvr puts its own player software on in its back-up media?

might be a strange statement but if your working for a firm in this field, surely they would have the common sense to request the detials of the recording equipment to be provided with the evidence? or be able to determine by the file extension?

or have the inhouse expertise to develop your own anyformat player?

I'am 2nd guessing you work in loss dept? a policy of using one manufactures kit might be prudent?

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Alan

Basically we view footage when an incident occurs in an attempt to identify an offender. Sould the offender be identified then we intend to identify the suspect and show him/her the footage. Really simple (if we have the software to view the initial footage.)

Regards

Jim

how many successful identifications would you say your getting (% wise) ?

Hiya

Archived