Security Installer Community

Pir Choice

In my opinion, and it is only an opinion, the choice of manufacturer is often quite personal.

People tend to have their own favourites. Personnally I like Optex detectors but have fitted loads of Texecom PIRs (but not quads) and have found them to be as reliable as any other.

We use quads as well, only problem ive found that on some models of pirs with A/M built in they trip the alarm relay as well as the a/m. Not good on older systems much to the dislike of the callout engineers

cheers Lawandorder for the vote of confidence- I wasn't aware that trying to converse to others in simple laymans terms was against the rules-If it is then I am sorry!!.

Next time I will try to confound the asker by going in to the complete workings of PASSIVE infra red detectors.

There is totally no need for sarcasm to a reply that was intended to be primarily informative on a basic level. :no:

Regards.

Richard.

We use quads as well, only problem ive found that on some models of pirs with A/M built in they trip the alarm relay as well as the a/m. Not good on older systems much to the dislike of the callout engineers

I must admit it is difficult to explain how PIRs work without "pretending" that they actually emit a beam.

I once had a branch manager gave me a right roasting for putting two PIRs in the same room facing eachother.

"they will talk to eachother and cause false alrms" he said.

To be fair to him PIRs were fairly new back then and he had a lot of experince with ultrasonic detectors which did interfere with eachother. (missus)

I must admit it is difficult to explain how PIRs work without "pretending" that they actually emit a beam.

I once had a branch manager gave me a right roasting for putting two PIRs in the same room facing eachother.

"they will talk to eachother and cause false alrms" he said.

To be fair to him PIRs were fairly new back then and he had a lot of experince with ultrasonic detectors which did interfere with eachother. (missus)

OOps, meant to quote Rulland there, sorry Rulland.

Guest anguscanplay

bearing in mind what your conencting these devices too - why not just get the same brand ones, there not bad and have the resisters already in them

if you ask what resisters I`ll scream

pssst we only fit dueltechs if its a wired system

As already said, most know how a passive works ie not active but i still use the fingers of detection (careful lol) when explaining how the work to customers. Also i also feel its a personal choice. Optex have some fans cos of their lens's and stability. I used to like the aritech's and the alarmcoms due to mirrored optics.

Also a high quality dual edge pir will out perform a cheap quad so choose your sensors wisely. As with most things we all have our favorites either right or wrong, But if you go with any of the brands mentioned you should be fine.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

pyronixs, do one with a blue light. if you wish to be different B)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

pyronixs, do one with a blue light. if you wish to be different B)

That'll be the kx15dt, pryonix ultras also have blue lights that are so bright after i'd put an alarm in for my dad he didnt have to turn the light on to go to the loo on a night :)

Archived