Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Battery

When you say you have a 'few red lights showing' what they are would be useful to know. After 9 years id say that your battery is most likely up for replacement, whether you want to have a go at that yourself is up to you. As above you will need to work safely. If you are unsure, as all the instructions say, i would consult a professional. Basically be careful, it should be a simple job but if you get it wrong you will probably need a new panel too.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Im sorry guys, it dosnt read like i ment it to be, bad day that day :wacko: IMO the panel was way past its service date and should be checked over by an engineer and battery replaced some people wouldnt know how to isolate the 240v supply to a panel and could be dangerous to them. Im not saying any rules were broken.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Guest Cerberus NI
Im sorry guys, it dosnt read like i ment it to be, bad day that day :wacko: IMO the panel was way past its service date and should be checked over by an engineer and battery replaced some people wouldnt know how to isolate the 240v supply to a panel and could be dangerous to them. Im not saying any rules were broken.

lee

Want to try having a bad week Lee!!!!

When you say you have a 'few red lights showing' what they are would be useful to know. After 9 years id say that your battery is most likely up for replacement, whether you want to have a go at that yourself is up to you. As above you will need to work safely. If you are unsure, as all the instructions say, i would consult a professional. Basically be careful, it should be a simple job but if you get it wrong you will probably need a new panel too.

Had a bty from 1991 today on a takeover, wouldnt mind but it still passed a full test but changed it anyway lol

could you get a 2.1 that many years ago ?

Im sure it was 2.1 although I could be mistaken but the bty was definately dated 91 , was more interested in the buggered transformer and trying to work out how the hell the customer had smashed the insides of the fuse spur.

Archived