Security Installer Community

**help** New House With //.large National Installer.// Alarm **

:( Hi All, i am totally new to this type of thing & know absolutely nothing about alarm systems so I hope someone can help.?

We moved into our new house a year or so ago & it has an //.Large National Installer.// alarm system. the previous owners said that they never used it!! One day, about 6 months after we moved in there was a power cut or surge & the alarm went off?? & we panicked as there were no instructions at all!

I called //.Large National Installer.// & they had no details for our address but said that the contract was cancelled a while ago. they did want to charge me for someone to come out & sort it....to cut a long story short I was given a code to punch in then press no:9 then the left arrow then escape & telecomm failure came up. the chap i spoke to said just leave it on this & dont use it.

Now today we had another power surge and the alarm activated itself again, i puched in the same instructions i had before & de-activated it.

I'm not interested in re-activating the alarm contract & we don't use the alarm as we have 2 cats!

My question i suppose is how do I & should i totally de-activate it? I can find no prod codes or serial numbers on anything the control panel is just that. The only other thing i have found that maybe related to it is a metal box upstairs in one of the built in wardrobes with lots of wires going ito it (vague i know)!?!

Told you I had no clue about this sort of thing! What should i do?

thanks in advance

r2oo

My advice - find a local alarm installer to de-commision your alarm system.

Some-one on here may volunteer their services at a competive rate but otherwise consult the local papaers or yellow pages.

iwould,nt try messing tyourself as you will more damage then good.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

My advice - find a local alarm installer to de-commision your alarm system.

Some-one on here may volunteer their services at a competive rate but otherwise consult the local papaers or yellow pages.

iwould,nt try messing tyourself as you will more damage then good.

paul

above advice is very good,

and also add - having cats is no reason for not having a working alarm system. i have a 9 stone rotty running around my place when my alarm is fully set, i would not want to see you turned over by a 'cat burglar' - boom! boom!

sorry for that :P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

above advice is very good,

and also add - having cats is no reason for not having a working alarm system. i have a 9 stone rotty running around my place when my alarm is fully set, i would not want to see you turned over by a 'cat burglar' - boom! boom!

sorry for that :P

regs

alan

good to here the misus sets the alarm when your out.

:lol: just kidding matey

Archived