Security Installer Community

Greetings from Hull

Hello all.

I'm Tony from Hull, East Yorkshire.

I'm currently employed by 'Sentry Alarms Ltd' here in Hull and have been in their employ for coming up to 2 years after my previous employer retired and sold up. I have 10 years experience in Intruder Alarms ranging from small end Gardiner Technology panels like the Gardtech 350 to high end Menvier panels like the TS2500. My current employer uses Vista, Abacus and Aritech equipment although they have moved over to the Menvier like Texacom Premier range. Sentry have their own Nacoss control station with full upload/download capabilities to around 60% of their installs. I'd say I'm self taught after starting in the trade working for a small business as a favour to an old buddy. My current position at Sentry is masterminding their CCTV installations. I've had experience with Ultrak and Dennard systems but Sentry love using the Vista system primarily.

I have good experience of not only Intruder Alarms and CCTV but also in addressable fire systems using the Apollo protocol, Door Access systems, although I personally favour the NET2 system, and have some experience in telecommunications installations installing the odd hybrid Panasonic telephone systems.

Enough of all that lol. I could go on for ages making this look more like a CV. Theres some viewing about what I get up to and some material on the rubbish I've found whilst out and about on my website. Although I haven't updated it recently, I'm sure you'll be entertained for at least 5 minutes. lol.

Anyway, just to say hello and I hope to make a useful contribution to these forums.

cheers.

Anthony Skelton.

ACE.gif

Guest dale

Welcome to the forum Anthony. Upto two years ago I used to live in Hull, first in Cottingham, then on Bev road. When I was there on Tuesday I noticed theyve got loads of CCTV cameras throughout the city, all way down spring bank and bev road... must have cost a fortune!

Must admit, I enjoyed living in Hull, York aint as good as everyone thinks! Hope you come and visit the forum lots, I would PM service engineer or Waza04 for access to the trade forum.

Dale

Hull has just had a major update of their camera system as you have noticed. They must be having stacks of teething problems as plenty of them are looking at the ground. I'm sure the installation company will explain that when they are not in use, they look down in order to check for dogs releasing the contents of their bladders thus reducing the life of the tower lol.

I've been involved with a similar system albeit on a much smaller scale. Sentry have about 40 cameras attatched to the top of several tower blocks and other municipal buildings (VCL Domes) that are converted to IP to be viewable on a computer browser. The citycams as we call them work on the telephone system whereas ours were over a shorter distance using 5.8Ghz. Only problem with ours is they go dead when it's foggy.

cheers for the welcome guys.

Tony

ACE.gif

hi and welcome to the forums .

glad to see another from my neck of the woods

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest rusty

Hi Tony, glad to see another engineer from Hull,ps you didnt use to work for mad dog by any chance did you?

Hi Tony, glad to see another engineer from Hull,ps you didnt use to work for mad dog by any chance did you?

in my case i used to work with him many many moons ago

paul :rolleyes:

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived