Security Installer Community

Greetings from Hull

Hi Tony, glad to see another engineer from Hull,ps you didnt use to work for mad dog by any chance did you?

Is that mad dog as in Mad dog Maddison?

6 years I gave that bloke and he sold up because I said I was bored and was gonna leave plus the office manager was settling down to start a family. Still, I'm the only guy at Sentry with 25 days holidays due to me gaining an extra week after 5 years service with KMC which was one of the conditions of the Sentry buy-out.

Tony

ACE.gif

• 2 years later...

Hmmm. Not been around here for some time so thought I'd post my personal updates.

My previous employer, Sentry Alarms Group Ltd in Hull, were 'aquired' by //.Large National Installer.// about 8 weeks ago so now. Well, the engineering side anyway as Sentry Guarding is still operating. So, now I'm working for a second company not of my choosing. Not that such a thing is a bad thing likes.

I'll have to create a signature though stating my views are just that. My views and not ones of my employer.

Anyways... onwards I go. :)

ACE.gif

Hmmm. Not been around here for some time so thought I'd post my personal updates.

My previous employer, Sentry Alarms Group Ltd in Hull, were 'aquired' by //.Large National Installer.// about 8 weeks ago so now. Well, the engineering side anyway as Sentry Guarding is still operating. So, now I'm working for a second company not of my choosing. Not that such a thing is a bad thing likes.

I'll have to create a signature though stating my views are just that. My views and not ones of my employer.

Anyways... onwards I go. :)

Same thing happened to me when C**** took over my ex company

I lasted 18 months before i jacked it to come to my current employer

good luck

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Hello all.

I'm Tony from Hull, East Yorkshire.

I'm currently employed by 'Sentry Alarms Ltd' here in Hull and have been in their employ for coming up to 2 years after my previous employer retired and sold up. I have 10 years experience in Intruder Alarms ranging from small end Gardiner Technology panels like the Gardtech 350 to high end Menvier panels like the TS2500. My current employer uses Vista, Abacus and Aritech equipment although they have moved over to the Menvier like Texacom Premier range. Sentry have their own Nacoss control station with full upload/download capabilities to around 60% of their installs. I'd say I'm self taught after starting in the trade working for a small business as a favour to an old buddy. My current position at Sentry is masterminding their CCTV installations. I've had experience with Ultrak and Dennard systems but Sentry love using the Vista system primarily.

I have good experience of not only Intruder Alarms and CCTV but also in addressable fire systems using the Apollo protocol, Door Access systems, although I personally favour the NET2 system, and have some experience in telecommunications installations installing the odd hybrid Panasonic telephone systems.

Enough of all that lol. I could go on for ages making this look more like a CV. Theres some viewing about what I get up to and some material on the rubbish I've found whilst out and about on my website. Although I haven't updated it recently, I'm sure you'll be entertained for at least 5 minutes. lol.

Anyway, just to say hello and I hope to make a useful contribution to these forums.

cheers.

Anthony Skelton.

hello tony how r u today remember me alarmdoctor??

Archived