Security Installer Community

Jelly Connectors

Are these jelly connectors only any use for solid core cable (BT)?

Are these jelly connectors only any use for solid core cable (BT)?

Hi Mate: BG Home security used to supply these to us for joints in Alarm cables, twist the 2 wires together first insert into terminal and crimp. Warning: Make sure you use the proper tool as a normal pair of pliers does not do the job properly, these are also available from mills. Both connectors and crimp tools are also available from: www.comtec-comms.com but these are a strictly trade only supplier.

Regards: Andy@Amman Security. :P

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Hi Mate: BG Home security used to supply these to us for joints in Alarm cables, twist the 2 wires together first insert into terminal and crimp. Warning: Make sure you use the proper tool as a normal pair of pliers does not do the job properly, these are also available from mills. Both connectors and crimp tools are also available from: www.comtec-comms.com but these are a strictly trade only supplier.

I agree with the idea of cornering a bt engineer, thats how i got the flying leads for me butt phone

Guest anguscanplay

should never be used on alarm cable IMO

should never be used on alarm cable IMO

Have to be honest mate, despite having used hundreds of these over the years on Alarm & Telecom cables I have never had a problem with them and this was what the original post asked about.

If you want a NON IDC crimp connector then the Closed end wire connector is a good choice, these are available from several firms including CEF and provide a good but NON watertight connection that can be crimped with a standard crimper, the smallest one is I believe the CE-1 and accepts stranded or unstranded wires form 0.5mm - 1.75mm but are obviously more expensive.

Best Regards:Andy. :):)

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Seems like I've gone through a 1000 BT type jelly connectors in a flash. Anyone know where's the best place to buy a load of these and get a good deal?

I got some from Evey Security trade counter last time, Girl behind the counter didnt know what they were, so said they didnt stock them,but another customer persuaded her, and surprise surprise, loads in stock cos' no one ever asked for them before...........! !

they list them as scotchlock uy2 connectors.

Cheap as well. if I remember right, about 2.50 per 100

Archived