Security Installer Community

Installing new system

Guest neilw

NO NO NO NO NO.......its cack, cheap and chatty and horrid to programme! :realmad:

23597[/snapback]

More distasteful words come to mind

Scantronic 9651 better panel for a domestic

Fish the bell cable down the cavity from the loft , if there is a cavity.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

instructions arent really good to follow for a first time installation, if you crack it you should get an nsi gold straight away.

inside your remote keypad (rkp) you must join ktr to k- or you will get a tamper fault showing , instructions dont give you this simple connection easily, a couple of logical thinking hours finally got this solved for me.

28359[/snapback]

So that what i need to do to get NSI Gold, will forget the ISO and start installing **** :!:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I was on holiday in chedder gorge once an saw an alarm engineer using a tape measure to put a bell box up.

Ive never seen that done before, and probably never will.

Pete

We always do pete, just to get it spot on centre between the window and the edge of the wall etc or to measure the distance from the eves if we are doing a row of houses so they all look the same.

lol

I normally just drill through the outer wall with a 10mm drill bit at about 45 degrees,

then poke a bendy coat-hanger into the cavity, towards the loft,

tape the cable on, go find it, and pull it into the loft

Nearly right, that is the sparky way! just do it the other way round, push the stiff wire into the loft and tie the cable to it, then pull it outside, one can fix the siren while the other clips it back.

And you never have to guess the length.

Try this with all the cable runs, saves loads of time and cable.

Regards

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

No Rich.

You have the drum in the attic ready and run off, then its a simple matter of clipping it to the position of the upstairs cupboard, measure off a couple metres and push it through the hole in the ceiling.

Nice and easy, i used to do it the old way of pulling cables in but found this may much easier

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

lol

Kipper's right. It just takes a bit of common sense when deciding wether to pass a cable through a hole or pull it through using a fish.

It all depends where the cable has to go to and sometimes it's just as easy either way!

If you don't know......ask.

Archived