Security Installer Community

Nokia Premicell 22 With Diverse 2 Line

luggsey

I want to add a premicell into a intruder alarm to give GSM voice dialer support. Is it plug and play to wire a Nokia 22 into the second line port of a diverse 2 line box? If it works I then have a cordless socket to plug the voice dialer into, result GSM voice dialer for a fraction of the cost of a "proper" one! Just hope there is no power cut!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 4 months later...

as above,

premcell simply works like an outside line or trunk, so if dialling bty the exchange you have to direct any mobile number (i.e. 07) to it then the premcell will make the call (so yes it wil work).

i see no reason why a voice dialler could not be connected directly to it, other than being a bit trickier changing the messages, so do that before your connect it all up.

if your testing your premcell using a normal handset dial the number then hang up, us redial and it should go through ok, dialing by hand causes a different mark/space ratio btween digits which the GSM network unlike the BT network can't handle to well.

i als think premcels are no longer 'allowed' for GSM but not sure if that was just a rumour.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived