Security Installer Community

Strobe Comformation Help

valks1

Hi

I have a Eurosec CPX system with the LCD Keypad.

I have installed the system, i had the strobe set to flash when the system was armed.

But for some reason it has stopped working.

The strobe is still working on trigger, and in test.

I have selected full set in the strobe confirmation setting, but no joy.

Can someone please advise.

cheers

Valks

Another daft question but this has happened.

What bell are you using and the colour of the backplate?

On some bells e.g Gardtec XS3D with blue backplate the strobe confirm is hard to see during the day but at night you can see clearly.

!

Guest anguscanplay
yes the box is ok. I have used the test function remember.

try powering down the external sounder for 30secs then reconnecting - see if that makes a difference, sometimes it can take longer for the strobe to start flashing than the signal from the panel is there to tell it to flash (if you get what I mean)

for clarity of the o/p,

you will only get a short duration output of about 5 seconds to the strobe after the very final action of setting has taken place i.e. the exit timer expires and the tone ceases. some strobes take longer to actually start to flash than others, this results in none or very few flashes before the signal is removed, obviously if your testing the strobe it will operate ontill you decide to stop the testing, so you will have enough time to see it operate.

if this feature is very important to you, say for hard of hearing keyholder, then simply fit n LED indicator either in the porch or in the passage where it can be seen through a window, connected across the strobe terminals.

it will only flash in sympathy with the strobe so will not indicate if the system is armed or not to a potential intruder.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

for clarity of the o/p,

you will only get a short duration output of about 5 seconds to the strobe after the very final action of setting has taken place i.e. the exit timer expires and the tone ceases. some strobes take longer to actually start to flash than others, this results in none or very few flashes before the signal is removed, obviously if your testing the strobe it will operate ontill you decide to stop the testing, so you will have enough time to see it operate.

if this feature is very important to you, say for hard of hearing keyholder, then simply fit n LED indicator either in the porch or in the passage where it can be seen through a window, connected across the strobe terminals.

it will only flash in sympathy with the strobe so will not indicate if the system is armed or not to a potential intruder.

regs

alan

does it cry as well?

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Archived