Security Installer Community

Anpr

camerabloke

Derwent Cameras are whats use on the motorways. I've used 1 on an entrance to an site, linked to a single channel dvr, and no matter what speed my fellow engineer went past, it always gave an excellent image of the no. plate.

Not cheap though...

Derwent Cameras are whats use on the motorways. I've used 1 on an entrance to an site, linked to a single channel dvr, and no matter what speed my fellow engineer went past, it always gave an excellent image of the no. plate.

Not cheap though...

Used one of those myself connected soly to a DVR. What software would you use with these in other applications and how would you connect up?

PIPS 362's feeding a Citysync engine, or PIPS 372 standalone. I've got this config all over the UK on various motorways & 'A' roads and is NAAS friendly with regular 98-99% overall.

What's the application, Camerabloke?

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

PIPS 362's feeding a Citysync engine, or PIPS 372 standalone. I've got this config all over the UK on various motorways & 'A' roads and is NAAS friendly with regular 98-99% overall.

Have been investigating this for the last 3 mnths with various companies offering evaluations on site and the only one which so far gives an all round good quality performance with up to two additional overview capture pictures and within the budget required has been the "appian" the problem with citysinq is that they charge huge software support charges to the bussiness partners for individual sites which have to be passed on to the customer but with appian the software is a one off charge and the support is on going .

I am in the process of final quotes for the project i am investigating using appian gear.

Hope this helps regards Paul.

Thanks for the replie.

No application as yet, just that i want to get my head around what you guys use so i can branch out into this field

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

ive used a smsung 415 with extenal ir lamp with a standalone single channel dvr recordong real time 1000 gb, with very good resuts from it.

cheers

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Can I ask a a slight off topic question? Is ANPR software able to recognize non standard number plates? ie Metro font etc

The software can be used to read justabout anything if the supplier will write the appropriate mods, sugest you contact Appian and ask if they would be prepared to do it Paul

Archived