Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9100 Plus A Communicator (9056 I Think)

s1myr

okay so leaving aside the technical reason why you admitted last time it wouldnt work (because I just cant be arsed to go find it ) imagine this situation

the wife rings to see what you want for tea

you dont answer the phone quick enough

she rings again

you still dont answer it

you decide to ring her back

its engaged because she is telling the mother in law what a selfish, ignorant pig you are

what do you do ? well for one thing it wasnt yer alarm so the boss is going to be a bit peeved off with you leaving early, the local traffic cop isnt going to let you off the ticket because the wife didnt know whever to do sausages or fish and when you get home you`ll cop indegestion from all the rushing about in which case you`d have been better having an indian and cutting out the middle man

its a non starter

so now you've finally admitted it wil work as exactely what is said originally in that other post

"it will work but be very crude"

if the wife or your lover is on the phone (for what ever reason) even a voice dialer is likely to fail, unless it's wired properly to seize the line so no difference.

what do you mean 'not yer alarm' a silent message is the alarm - by its very silence also confirmed by the repeated silent calls.

simply blows all else you said right out of the boiling water, which then placed the egg cooking in it all over your own face

so do you care to admit i was then and still right. perhaps even you will even apologise (but i doubt your man enough)?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
so now you've finally admitted it wil work as exactely what is said originally in that other post

"it will work but be very crude"

if the wife or your lover is on the phone (for what ever reason) even a voice dialer is likely to fail, unless it's wired properly to seize the line so no difference.

what do you mean 'not yer alarm' a silent message is the alarm - by its very silence also confirmed by the repeated silent calls.

simply blows all else you said right out of the boiling water, which then placed the egg cooking in it all over your own face

so do you care to admit i was then and still right. perhaps even you will even apologise (but i doubt your man enough)?

regs

alan

no mate, just for a change your not reading whats written on the screen in front of you YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING IT WAS THE ALARM THAT RANG YOU (AND I WILL HAVE TO DIG OUT THE LAST TIME YOU GOT THIS WRONG) ALL MY EXAMPLE PROVES IS THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DIGI AND THE WIFE COOKING YOUR TEA its still a dumb idea same as it was last time

Calm down children please us grown ups are trying to sleep.

By the way yes it will work (albeit a small fortune in phone calls each time it rings!!) but as he has no way to reprogranm the chip it will not work - fit a autodialler and have done with it.

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

By the way yes it will work (albeit a small fortune in phone calls each time it rings!!) but as he has no way to reprogranm the chip it will not work - fit a autodialler and have done with it.

p

5.5 pence + vat each call, 2 x 3 attempts?

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

no mate, just for a change your not reading whats written on the screen in front of you YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING IT WAS THE ALARM THAT RANG YOU (AND I WILL HAVE TO DIG OUT THE LAST TIME YOU GOT THIS WRONG) ALL MY EXAMPLE PROVES IS THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DIGI AND THE WIFE COOKING YOUR TEA its still a dumb idea same as it was last time

and now where exactly was i wrong last time? just let me see -:

so the CLI on your mobile don't give you a single clue where the call received originates from?

so the repeated 'silent' calls about 1 a minute or so don't give you a clue either???

so it must be absolutely 'normal' in Angus land to get multiple 'silent' calls from your home phone number then is it??? (do you also get heavy breathing?)

give it up Angus as YOU OBVIOUSLY JUST DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!

regs

alan

p

and a big thank you BK,

would you like to PM angus :P

i was seriously concerned i was losing my marbles :unsure: - as if not already done ;)

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
and now where exactly was i wrong last time? just let me see -:

so the CLI on your mobile don't give you a single clue where the call received originates from?

so the repeated 'silent' calls about 1 a minute or so don't give you a clue either???

so it must be absolutely 'normal' in Angus land to get multiple 'silent' calls from your home phone number then is it??? (do you also get heavy breathing?)

give it up Angus as YOU OBVIOUSLY JUST DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!

regs

alan

no Arf - its a wack idea, just like it was last time you suggested it and just like you time you questioned which fool had suggested it to the other guy (oh yeah that was you too)

my point is the CLI doesnt tell you your alarm has gone off, it just tells you your home number has rung - that could be one of a hundred reasons

and as was pointed out at the start and you were reminded by BK the chips dead anyway

PMSL

so why DO you have such problems making money?

your best and easiest way is to fit a dedicated voice dialer, i'd recommend the texecom version but there are many alternatives. or swap out the panel for a later Gardtec CPX/G490 which has voice dialer built in

making a communicator dial you mobile even if you can get it re-chipped will be very basic and i'd guess costly exercise, the chip may no longer be available. on an alarm you will receive several calls as you can't issue the message received 'kiss off' to stop the communicator redialling, it will then register a fail to communicate on the keypad which you might understand, but should you be on holiday your keyholder/s won't

regs

alan

Perfectly reasonable reply which, as usual, has been taken out of all context by Mr Know-it-all.

Of course it will work, of course it's a pig's ears way of doing it but arfur mo has accepted that and made it clear from the begining.

I was wondering if there's a way of changing the phone numbers the communicator dials to get it to dial my mobile if the alarm goes off?? From what I've read elsewhere it looks like I need to get the NVM on the communicator re-programmed. How do I do that? Is there somewhere I can take it or by a bit of kit to DIY it?

Highly unlikely.

Like the panel, the communicator is really old. When it tries to dial out it uses pulse dialling instead of tone. I assume that still works?

Should do. The only problem is it is dialling the telephone number of the old central station - which is not much use to you.

Arfur is correct - what he suggests would work technically and there is only you that can decide if that is satisfactory.

A speech dialler is a very good suggestion and probably your best option.

If you must stick with the communicator and have IP available then our Diginet and Virtual Monitoring platform would do the job. The Diginet board converts the pulses to digital and sends the signal over the internet to the Virtual Monitoring web server. VM would then send out SMS alerts to as many contacts as you like. You would also gain line supervision and be alerted if your phone line is cut. You could even be called by an operator if you feel that way inclined.

And Angus will be here soon to tell you why that is not a good solution either......

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Archived