Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9100 Plus A Communicator (9056 I Think)

s1myr

cheaper to buy speech/ text dialer, or panel with vocom

B) Would be even cheaper to follow Arfur's guidelines.

How much would it cost a DIY'er to get hold of a speech dialer these days ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Guest anguscanplay
Perfectly reasonable reply which, as usual, has been taken out of all context by Mr Know-it-all.

Of course it will work, of course it's a pig's ears way of doing it but arfur mo has accepted that and made it clear from the begining.

mr " he who really should be back on ignore and needs to learn some respect for his peers" the ironically named Topalarms obviously doesnt know the 9056 or the way the 16 pin chip is blown

usual deal mate - if you wanna come onto the site and play this game make sure your big enough not to go crying to the mods when it all goes against you

Arf`s reply isnt a reasonable one given the near impossibility of achieving what the O/P wanted, instead its another "lead em off on a wild goose chase thinking they can do something that the actual trade guys know is a non starter....." but hey as long as its not costing them anything

seems to me your just another guy who got lucky DIY`ing

Guest anguscanplay
And Angus will be here soon to tell you why that is not a good solution either......

LOL - I told you I liked your idea (just didnt think it would catch on at that price in this market)

Guest anguscanplay
B) Would be even cheaper to follow Arfur's guidelines.

How much would it cost a DIY'er to get hold of a speech dialer these days ?

a lot less than the cost of reprogramimg that chip

mr " he who really should be back on ignore and needs to learn some respect for his peers" the ironically named Topalarms obviously doesnt know the 9056 or the way the 16 pin chip is blown

usual deal mate - if you wanna come onto the site and play this game make sure your big enough not to go crying to the mods when it all goes against you

Arf`s reply isnt a reasonable one given the near impossibility of achieving what the O/P wanted, instead its another "lead em off on a wild goose chase thinking they can do something that the actual trade guys know is a non starter....." but hey as long as its not costing them anything

seems to me your just another guy who got lucky DIY`ing

8 pin ;)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

a lot less than the cost of reprogramimg that chip

:yes: agreed

.... but not less than the cost of the IP device.

It's been a while since I worked on a 9100 but from memory they don't have digi outputs - is that correct ?

In which case, I don't see how it would be possible for the OP to differentiate between fire, panic or intruder with a speech dialler - if he wanted to.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

It's been a while since I worked on a 9100 but from memory they don't have digi outputs - is that correct ?

Communicator Signals: Fire (AUX Alarm), Intruder, Open/Close, PA, Trouble, Low Battery, Spare Channel Line Fault, Communication Fault using Scantronic plug-on footprint...

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived