Security Installer Community

Diy Alarm Systems

Hello there

Thinking of getting a system - as cheap as possible but without compromising too much on quality and reliability.

What is the general opinion on the DIY type system? The ones sold off the shelf etc.

Can anyone recommend anything in particular?

The house is very small, two bedroom little town house with the only downstairs access points being the front door, kitchen window, and rear patio doors.

Thanks in advance

only as good as the person fitting it.

knowing the right thing to put in the right place is 1/2 the battle.

the deterent value is less from a micromark or yale bellbox as it's obvoiusly not been fitted by a pro.

if your system false alarms you'll loose confidence, won't want to annoy your neighbours so stop arming it rendering it worthless.

personally i would spend the money on good strong locks rather than a bad weak intruder alarm system.

C.

imo.

texecom veritas r8.....

but i also echo what previous poster says, past the responsibility of your security to an experienced alarm engineer or fit good locks.....

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

we promoting yale now, must have a look at them my self :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Alan, if i make that change, you have my permission to hang me mate, and i hope you would ;)

Archived