Security Installer Community

No Battery Charging Volage!

Found a smart psu today (Galaxy) No battery charging voltage; leads o.k, battery fuse o.k, d.c aux o.k (meter o.k!) Anyone out there know of any other reason for this (apart from it being a faulty unit!)

Your Advice please

M

hi masterblast,

i don't know this unit but some smart psu's i think need a good battery attached before they will give an output to the battery, stops charging into a shorted battery.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Found a smart psu today (Galaxy) No battery charging voltage; leads o.k, battery fuse o.k, d.c aux o.k (meter o.k!) Anyone out there know of any other reason for this (apart from it being a faulty unit!)

Your Advice please

M

Some Galaxy boards had duff fuse holders fitted so although the fuse is ok there was not a good contact within the holder, no spring tension so the fuse rattled about as soon as you put one in. I remember going to a job that was ok for years, got called out to it when the builders were knocking hell out of the walls near by and found the duff fuse holder to be the cause. I use the hammer on the wall routine as part of routine tests now :P

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Some Galaxy boards had duff fuse holders fitted so although the fuse is ok there was not a good contact within the holder, no spring tension so the fuse rattled about as soon as you put one in. I remember going to a job that was ok for years, got called out to it when the builders were knocking hell out of the walls near by and found the duff fuse holder to be the cause. I use the hammer on the wall routine as part of routine tests now :P

Best wishes

Vince

just realised this was in fire - oops! sorry guys

i remmeber earlier tunstal ts intruder panels had inexactly the same fault, you just needed to remove the fuse and squeeze the clips in, which you then do on every service to make sure - once you've sussed it in the 1st pace :P .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I think you may find the newer smart rio's don't give off a charge voltage if no battery,or a fully charged battery is attached.It's either that or they are pulse charged like smokecloaks,so unless you have a very good meter you wont be able to read anything.

Try looking in Diagnostics,PSU Comms, and see what it has to say in there.

Archived