Security Installer Community

9448+ Alarm Conrol Panel

Whoistheman

Knackered battery??

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Blown fuses??

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

IMHO most likely scenerio;

you have turned power off to sytem thinking that would turn your alarm off - whilst decorating you have removed one or more of your sensors, as the panel was in fact still working (on the battery ie doing its job whilst power was off) , you have blown the auxillary fuse (small glass fuse on the pcb). Eventually the battery will have gone flat as well.

you need to check the glass fuses(replace the blown one with one of similar type/size), TURN MAINS OFF FIRST, and replace the battery as running a battery flat can damage its recharging ability.

IF YOU ARE AT ALL UNCERTAIN ABOUT TINKERING INSUDE THE CONTROL BOX DON,T - GET A ENGINEER IN.

then again i could be totally wrong :)

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest anguscanplay
I thought the battery was only for back up, shouldn't the system run even if the battery is dead, clearly the battery must have run completely flat whist the power was off, but I should still get the green light to show there is power to the unit, no?

check your fuses are all okay first but think whats happening - your trying to restart a panel with a brick of a dead battery still connected ? the system just cant cope with all the power demands

fuses

battery off

power on

new battery (dont be tempted to use the old one)

here is my tuppence worthremove old battery, dispose of, in accordance with, local envirmental policiescheck for mains voltage* if present, switch off.* if not, check all fuses in 240v feed line, (be very careful mains kills)if all fuses ok then switch off 240v feed (for now)check all fuse on panels boardif ok follow, power up, procedure in accordance with panel instruction, using new battery.if not ok, replace blown fuses with correct size replacement (written in small print on the end caps of the fuses) then as above for power up..then let the fun begin B) let us know how you get on please.

new battery (dont be tempted to use the old one)

agreed, most important.............

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived