Security Installer Community

Karizma Plus

Arv

Hi Guys

I have fitted an Karizma plus panel in house,about 3 years ago, & recently it has started saying point tamper fault on every zone that is fitted, spoke to Ade techanical they said change all the ID Biscuitss for the new type which I did but the fault is still there.

If I leave the system on soak test none of the points go into fault. If I remove the wires to the ID line the fault will clear for an couple of hours & then return

Any suggestions on what I could do next please???

I have only fitted a couple od ID systems but with what you are saying it seems to either be a loose connection to a device or (dont know but it could be the battery is running low and needs replaced even after 3 years)

A guy called Arfur Mo has fitted a lot of ID panels so will have more input than me. He should be around later.

!

Hello, give these a go....

I would check to see if you have any damage to the iD line, chewed or wet etc...are the signals being pulled down to earth?

Does the ID line carry anything else other than the 12V to the Pirs etc?

Try a 10nf Capacitor half way along the ID line, as it could be capacitance of the cable thats the problem.

Try wiring a biscuit directly into the panel. does this behave itself?, if so try the first half of the iD line, and onwards...

I have had one biscuit bugger up the whole line. (took some time to find the duff biscuit!)

It could always be a duff connection between the screw terminal and the main PCB board.

Good luck!

I would check to see if you have any damage to the iD line, chewed or wet etc...are the signals being pulled down to earth?

Try a 10nf Capacitor half way along the ID line, as it could be capacitance of the cable thats the problem.

Try wiring a biscuit directly into the panel. does this behave itself?, if so try the first half of the iD line, and onwards...

I have had one biscuit bugger up the whole line. (took some time to find the duff biscuit!)

It could always be a duff connection between the screw terminal and the main PCB board.

Good luck!

Thank you, i will give these a go when i go back

Good luck!

all the above is good sound advise,

the iD system imo is extremely robust but hates any kind of intermittent break or short, your connections have to be absolutely pristine, a minimum standard is in the heart bypass class, so if you have run the data line through any j/b lid contacts, go back and have a real close look, also inch along the cables especially if you used a staple gun for any bad staples, carpet gripper is also poison to iD systems.

i personally have never needed to replaced the older iD biscuits on any system, other than when a few got smacked by lightning, also i have never fitted the cap as many have, but i'm not saying it is a bad idea either.

what has happened with the bigger brother Ultimate is the power supply can not really run anything more than the panel. keypad, 1 sab and a 7amp, so fitting a separate psu for the detectors i found solves many many such problems, i think this is because they use the casing as a heat shunt for the regulator, instead of a decent heat sink.

it has happened a biscuit is not exactly on song so reports as say a 10 then a as 11 then a 9, obviously having 2 of any biscuit will cause a fault and a rogue biscuit will trample on other numbers, and the loss of '10' causes a device tamper

hope it helps, but please come back if it don't

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We did the aux Psu setup many a time on the Ultimates..

ADE recommended the cap is used on very short runs, we never fitted it either.. Texecom recommend it too...

I agree the iD line is very robust, we did a 60 Zone and only suffered from lightning. Tamper faults very easy to find - just go along the line between zones...

I have had 2 new biscuits go duff very quickly (one on inst and one yesterday)

My moneys on a duff biscuit!! :D

• 3 years later...

I had this problem on an ultimate panel and found that the main pcb earthing via one of the screws securing the the board to the metal box had been worn away. A couple of small conducting metal washers fitted clamping the screw better to the pcb cleared the fault.

Rob Stockley

The Park Security

Archived