Security Installer Community

Company Size Change

rob6709

Hello its been a while since my last post bar my earlier post today. Have you found going from a small company of only a few engineers to a big company with many engineers difficult. Is it very different? After being offerd the job today i was showed around the premesis and its set up allot differently. Certainly its impressive but it looks like im going to have to keep on top of paper work,van stock etc allot more than i did before. Either way im excited.

I,ve done it both ways - large to small and small to big.

I prefer the smaller companies but the larger ones have their advantages - usually higher payers and more facalities/better training etc.

Once you settle in you become friends with a few and probably only speak to the rest at engineer meetings.

It can be over-powering at first coming into a big company but you'll soon settle in.

good luck

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

keep that feeling - its worth more than money

i must run and tell the wife

:lol:

tbh my experience is it's not the size of a company but the people you actually work with. if you get on and fit in and can offer respect and receive it, then it can be a joy no matter what the size the company.

all small and large companies alike bring different qualities to the employment 'table', large companies should offer security of employment (theoretically), small companies like mine perhaps offer 'doctored' Ovaltine to their favourites - and a hell of a lot of laughs in my case.

larger companies to me seem to have an element of 'pile protecting' by people who should have been 'dead wooded' ages ago, but either they are banging the company secretary or have thick layer of brown stuff on their tongue's, but they just seem to manage to be bullet proof. smaller companies tend to suffer suspicion of endemic nephatism and resources are often less easily available.

so best to judge by the pages not the cover of the book.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

in my experience, if you are a lazy engineer you can hide better in a larger company....

If you are a quick / proficient engineer you can sometimes get taken advantage of in a larger company....

If you care about your work and want to make a difference you might be better in a smaller company. if you work for a large organisation and try to change things you usually get frustrated or sideways promoted as you might be seen as trying to tread on other peoples toes

my opinions only

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Hello its been a while since my last post bar my earlier post today. Have you found going from a small company of only a few engineers to a big company with many engineers difficult. Is it very different? After being offerd the job today i was showed around the premesis and its set up allot differently. Certainly its impressive but it looks like im going to have to keep on top of paper work,van stock etc allot more than i did before. Either way im excited.

Well i went from a little company( 2 1/2 engineers) too a small multi national best thing i ever done,you will find that it is a whole lot better working for a larger company..lot more benefits,then saying that some good small companies out there(somewhere?)

Well i went from a little company( 2 1/2 engineers) too a small multi national best thing i ever done,you will find that it is a whole lot better working for a larger company..lot more benefits,then saying that some good small companies out there(somewhere?)

Did the 1/2 engineer have no legs?

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Archived