Security Installer Community

Conservatory Pir

luke26032000

Hi Guys/Again !

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times but I can not seem to get the search option thing to work but, I have a Gardtec 370 panel and I was looking for a PIR for my conservatory.

This is not my exit entry point just an add on.

I have googled it but I am having problems which one actually buy.

I would appreciate any user comments on which ones you feel are the best at this job and any links to where I can purchase one ?

Thanks again,

Chris...........

we fit the Gardall DTSx 12 dualteck on comunicated systems and the v12 on bells only and have had good results with both (remember to tune the mico wave to the size of the conservatory )

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

i was thinking about DT's

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Personally i don,t like dual tecs in conservatorys. The microwave side and glass don,t go together and the 'cheapo' pir element inside dual tecs soon go into alarm when the conservatory get warm. (others will disagree i know but this is my opinion)

I prefer to fit a good quality Quad sensor -

Optex FX50SQ

Or go for an ARITECH DD325

it was discusses on here in 2006

link to the 2006 posts

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Personally i don,t like dual tecs in conservatorys. The microwave side and glass don,t go together and the 'cheapo' pir element inside dual tecs soon go into alarm when the conservatory get warm. (others will disagree i know but this is my opinion)

I prefer to fit a good quality Quad sensor -

Optex FX50SQ

Or go for an ARITECH DD325

it was discusses on here in 2006

link to the 2006 posts

p

quad in a conservatory, ride em' :lol:

inflatable-cowboy-horse-costume-1.jpg

we fit them in every standard domestic room as standard

I would fit a dual tech detector. Aslong as it's set up correctly, the microwave won't pick up outside and there should be no problems. I've got a Honeywell 7550 in mine and it doesn't pick up from outside (set on minimum) but goes straight into alarm when you come through the doors. Go for a quality one and it'll be OK. Just don't leave the fan going when you go out ;)

Trade Member

Hi Guys/Again !

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times but I can not seem to get the search option thing to work but, I have a Gardtec 370 panel and I was looking for a PIR for my conservatory.

This is not my exit entry point just an add on.

I have googled it but I am having problems which one actually buy.

I would appreciate any user comments on which ones you feel are the best at this job and any links to where I can purchase one ?

Thanks again,

Chris...........

Fit a madusa thats what all the sparks would fit.

OK so Honeywell dual tec it is then !

It will be a corner fitting but do I fire it towards the outside garden and exit entry door or towards the main house ?

I favour the first method to catch anyone face on but do I risk any problems ?

Don't know if it matters but it is 2.3m wide and 3.5m long with a wall along one side not glass,

Thanks to you all,

and have a good new year,

cheers,

Chris............

Archived