Security Installer Community

Cpx Vo-comms Problem...

Had a problem with a cpx I fitted. The dialler, when connected, works fine. So does the phone lines in the house but broadband will not connect. Then if I disconnect connections at the master socket from the cable run from the panel - suddenly broadband can connect!

This has happened on the last two of these panels ive fitted. Whats the reason and cure? Im aware of putting filters on telephones to seperate voice and data signals when using telephone and internet at same time. Is this problem something similar?

Both installs were connected to the incoming cables at the master sockets.

Hard wired into the backs of the socket obviously to ensure the comms cant be disconnected by someone just pulling a cable out of the socket.

All help appreciated.

Ps. I did have trade membership here and would of posted this in the gardtec forum for Arfur or one of the others to help me with (as I use to do) but ive not visited this site for a while and I had trouble getting an email sent with my password reminder because its to an old email address I cant access. Is there anyway I can be approved for trade membership again? I believe it was Dave from Merseyside who got me membership before, is he still around?

cheers.

Rob.

Had a problem with a cpx I fitted. The dialler, when connected, works fine. So does the phone lines in the house but broadband will not connect. Then if I disconnect connections at the master socket from the cable run from the panel - suddenly broadband can connect!

This has happened on the last two of these panels ive fitted. Whats the reason and cure? Im aware of putting filters on telephones to seperate voice and data signals when using telephone and internet at same time. Is this problem something similar?

Hard wired into the backs of the socket obviously to ensure the comms cant be disconnected by someone just pulling a cable out of the socket.

All help appreciated.

Ps. I did have trade membership here and would of posted this in the gardtec forum for Arfur or one of the others to help me with (as I use to do) but ive not visited this site for a while and I had trouble getting an email sent with my password reminder because its to an old email address I cant access. Is there anyway I can be approved for trade membership again? I believe it was Dave from Merseyside who got me membership before, is he still around?

cheers.

Rob.

fit a filter at the panel, risco sell a basic one for a few quid.

Right come on Hatton !

All help appreciated.

cheers.

Rob.

hi Rob,

if you using the normal plug-in type filters that give you 2 different sized sockets you need to 'feed' the CPX (and all the other phones) from the telephone side of the filter, not hard wired into the original BT socket.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi Rob,

if you using the normal plug-in type filters that give you 2 different sized sockets you need to 'feed' the CPX (and all the other phones) from the telephone side of the filter, not hard wired into the original BT socket.

regs

alan

You can of course get hard-wired filters which are exactly for this sort of application.

Someone posted some info a while back but I can't find it....

Archived