Security Installer Community

Part P Tester Requirement

gupster

Hi,

Just wondering if the fluke 1651 has all the correct test functions for part p use. One thing im scratching my head about is the RCD triping current?

http://www.cuthbertsonlaird.co.uk/pdf/Fluke1650.pdf Details here

cheers,

Yes its fine you only need to test RCD tripping time at 1X & 5X the rated current.

Looks pricey though - Just found the price and changed my mind.

Trade Member

cheers, anyone recomend a decent part p or 17th ed multifunction meter??

As far as I am aware there is nothing to be in the 17th ed or part P that a 16th ed tester cannot do. All of the tests are the same they have just changed some of the performance targets like min ins resistance. The 17th ed as far as I can make out is more RCDs and then some so personally I would go for a decent brand which has a good RCD loc on it for when doing your impedence testing. I use a HT instruments multi tester at the moment it is ok (it does everything) but wouldn't buy one again. Its a bit bulky and bit crappy in bits. I think my shopping list would be on a tester.

*RCD loc that works.

*RCD auto tester that does the full 1/2 full and *5 test in one.

*Some sort of strap / holster thing that you can carry and use the meter hands free.

*not too bulky

*A measurement test button that locks down so you don't need to push the start button ( the megger multi tester looks good with button on the probe, but looks expensive should you need to replace it)

* a tester that doesn't eat batteries.

Jury's out on multifunction or separates. Personally I like a multifunction as I like to switch between insulation testing and resistance measurement without changing leads.

ISSW seemed good to buy from. Good website and from what I remember did a good cross reference table to compare all testers.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the throws of trying out the Eurotest MI 3100 at the moment it seems OK so far. I was going to use the Fluke 1652 but I have heard problems regarding leads and accuracy. 17th edition is being released some time January 2008 and doesn't come in till July 2008 so I will be waiting a few months before I go and get the new regs. Are inspection with the NIC is in May so hopefully they will shed some more light on 17th.

Archived