Security Installer Community

Recommendations For Replacement Battery

amateurandy

But you're next to Adi (check his signature) and I know EXACTLY where he is. :whistle:

(Adi, I spent the first 18 years of my life in LE4 and know all the paths round those gravel pits down your road!) :ninja:

What gravel pits, watermead country park and nature/wildlife park?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

What gravel pits, watermead country park and nature/wildlife park?

The History of Watermead

Sand and gravel have been extracted from the valley of the River Soar for many years. In the early 1980s the County, City and Charnwood Borough Councils joined forces to begin to reclaim the area's derelict pits for recreation and nature conservation. Over the last 15 years much work has been done to create footpaths, bridges, car parks, access roads, cycleways, bird hides and so on. Hundreds of thousands of trees have also been planted. The park is looked after by a full time warden service.

King Lear's Lake has been named after the legend of King Lear, who ruled Britain in the 8th century. On his death he was buried in a chamber under the River Soar - possibly close to this lake! The statues, built on a platform in the lake, show the final scene from Shakespeare's play of King Lear.

Anyway, how would YOU test the SAB battery?

Not worth it for a DIY-er though.

OK, let me re-phrase the question, though we are in the DIY section.... :D

How would any of you pro's recommend me, as a DIY-er who really dislikes climbing ladders, check a 4 year-old bell-box that appears (and sounds) to be working OK.

I managed to install it without it going off next to me, but I'm far from confident I could open it up again safely.

The History of Watermead

Sand and gravel have been extracted from the valley of the River Soar for many years. In the early 1980s the County, City and Charnwood Borough Councils joined forces to begin to reclaim the area's derelict pits for recreation and nature conservation. Over the last 15 years much work has been done to create footpaths, bridges, car parks, access roads, cycleways, bird hides and so on. Hundreds of thousands of trees have also been planted. The park is looked after by a full time warden service.

King Lear's Lake has been named after the legend of King Lear, who ruled Britain in the 8th century. On his death he was buried in a chamber under the River Soar - possibly close to this lake! The statues, built on a platform in the lake, show the final scene from Shakespeare's play of King Lear.

Anyway, how would YOU test the SAB battery?

I dont know if the tone on here is get a bit funny or what, but i never asked the question to be sarcastic.

From your point of view, i would disconnect 12v to sounder, see if it sounds, let it sound for a couple minutes. If battery is knackered it will give up pretty soon.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I dont know if the tone on here is get a bit funny or what, but i never asked the question to be sarcastic.

From your point of view, i would disconnect 12v to sounder, see if it sounds, let it sound for a couple minutes. If battery is knackered it will give up pretty soon.

Thanks very much Adi.

No I took it as a good question. And that's what I've done in the past, but I didn't know if there was any other "simple" procedure.

Just joking about your signature re Chorlton, though I see you've now changed it!

Archived