Security Installer Community

Wireless - Success Story!

grayfray

I have a Yale 3800 kit 4, wireless alarm system, I installed it myself, it took about 2 hours. The system works fine I have had it for about 2 years and have never had any problems with it. I have just changed the batteries in the siren box for the first time. The siren inside and outside is very loud and if any batteries start to run out in the pir's and door contacts it comes up in the control box display screen and tells me.

I am pleased with the system, the price was good ( about

I have a Yale 3800 kit 4, wireless alarm system, I installed it myself, it took about 2 hours. The system works fine I have had it for about 2 years and have never had any problems with it. I have just changed the batteries in the siren box for the first time. The siren inside and outside is very loud and if any batteries start to run out in the pir's and door contacts it comes up in the control box display screen and tells me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-7933.aspx with free club card points......... :rolleyes:

:hmm: I'd liken it to making a a gasket from a cornflake packet might work but don't confuse with the really thing

Hi Tel,

don't knock it matey, @ 15 years old i started in the big world of paid employment in a garage as a trainee mechanic, one of the 1st things i was ever shown (after puncture repairs :rolleyes: ), was how to make a gasket out of a shredded wheat carton, so don't you eer knock the skill.

the technique taught me helped restore several cars and motorcycles, 3 on the side of the road and got me free beers as well as home ;) .

for those who are interested how (and beggar it - stuff everyone else) -:

smear grease over facings to be mated, place cardboard or grease proof paper over facing's (depends how thick you need it), then run a finger around to form outline, use small spanner and gently tap along outline so the casing cuts the cardboard - and wallah! new gasket, works like magic and free!.

you know guys. me being so modest and all, i forget some times just how talented i am - also after about 3 large glasses of wine i also forget who the heck i am :hmm: (hic!)

regs

alan

(hic!)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You have a Yale bell on the outside of your house and this is a deterrent..........lol!!!

Come on now, how do you know this box is no less of a deterrent than one by a national company, do thieves, burglars, yobs etc sign a 'nearly a visitors book' to say that because of the alarm box on the front of the house they are not going to break in? I don't think so.

How do you KNOW that an alarm box is a deterrent, you don't, you only think it is.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Surprise, surprise, It seems that the TRADE MEMBERS do not agree with me.....

All I know is that the system works and works well, houses on my road on either side of me have been broken into ( they dont have alarms) and mine hasn't!

and also surprise surprise the trade member who is scare mongering 'joe public' saying "if you have a partner. she/he may not be so confident in your handy-work as you are" .....I do not want or need to buy a 'maintained' alarm system, thank you, this wireless system does the job, when I open my front door without putting the code in the alarm goes off! when I walk in front of a pir when the system is armed the alarm goes off, when I open my shed door when the alarm is on the alarm goes off, and when I remove the cover of the alarm box to change the batteries, then also the alarm goes off ( I forgot to turn off the siren box prior to changing the batteries)......... I dont know what you want me to say.....do you want me to lie and say it is a piece of c**p and it doesnt work and I should have paid

With regards to deterrent value, the truth is, if they want in, you could have a sub machine gun turret on your premises and they'd still have a go.

Opportunists may pause for thought.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Archived