Security Installer Community

Swann Cameras....any Good?

Map Security

Been to a garden centre today to speak to a very happy new owner .....Well not so happy about his CCTV system in the tropical fish area.......The pictures are so "clouded" it really makes laughter seem tame!!!!! And to add insult there are monitors all around showing pictures to public.....

The cameras are made by Swann, body style varifocal with IR LEDS in the front around lens.......Being sure what the problem was I tweaked the focus with no success.....I got a Sony ExView 480TVL Cam from the van plugged it in and everything was fine???????????????????????????? Duff cameras...surely not all six?

My only query was that being a tropical centre its very dark and the IR is on......The cable used was 5mm mini coax with 2C power...Could it be that this is causing a voltage drop making camera perform badly??? estimate lead length to be 30M.

What are Swann like generally?

Appreciate any comments/ feedback

MAP

Been to a garden centre today to speak to a very happy new owner .....Well not so happy about his CCTV system in the tropical fish area.......The pictures are so "clouded" it really makes laughter seem tame!!!!! And to add insult there are monitors all around showing pictures to public.....

The cameras are made by Swann, body style varifocal with IR LEDS in the front around lens.......Being sure what the problem was I tweaked the focus with no success.....I got a Sony ExView 480TVL Cam from the van plugged it in and everything was fine???????????????????????????? Duff cameras...surely not all six?

My only query was that being a tropical centre its very dark and the IR is on......The cable used was 5mm mini coax with 2C power...Could it be that this is causing a voltage drop making camera perform badly??? estimate lead length to be 30M.

What are Swann like generally?

Appreciate any comments/ feedback

MAP

Sounds like the inside of the camera was misted up due to the cold weather.

Swann.............Maplins finest

Bin them and install a proper camera

QFA.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Swann.............Maplins finest

Bin them and install a proper camera

Ahhhhh this explains why I couldn't find them anywhere......I thought they were suspect having IR leds in the front!

Well in that case I think rip the whole lot out as the cable is pants too....Thx T ! Wealth of knowlegde as usual.

Rgds

MAP

Archived