Security Installer Community

Battery Drop Testing

Hi to all,

Sort of drop tested my battery drop tester yesterday and now it doesn't work. I inherited it from a previous employer and it was old as the hills anyway, but still a good tool gone. I have been looking on the internet and I see a few companies selling pulse testers (act do one) to simulate a drop in 8 second or so. Has anyone used one of these are they any good? or can someone recommend the tester they use. Being a bit tight I have been looking at other ( not security battery) drop testers but their range of Ah doesn't seem to go low enough.

Any thoughts on cost effective drop tester the act pulse one is 180+vat.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

John

Hi John

Is it the IBT-Gold your looking at ?

http://www.actmeters.com/GOLD-IBT-Intellig...ry-Tester-1.php.

If so try this company as belive it or not I bought one last year for about 15% less than the price direct from ACT.

(I'd hate to quote the exact price as last time I did it started WW3 :whistle: )

Detection Supplies

Unit 14,

Ashford Road

Fordingbridge Business Park

Fordingbridge

SP6 1BD

Hampshire

Tel: 0870 243 0304

C.

:)

Hi John

If so try this company as belive it or not I bought one last year for about 15% less than the price direct from ACT.

(I'd hate to quote the exact price as last time I did it started WW3 :whistle: )

Detection Supplies

Unit 14,

Ashford Road

Fordingbridge

SP6 1BD

Hampshire

C.

Good Old Trevor :P

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Yes, Thats the one I was looking at. Seen the same thing re branded in a couple of different colours with different names on. All similar price. Will try detection supplies on monday. Looks a handy size too. My old one was quite chunky to say the least.

Hi John

Detection Supplies

Unit 14,

Ashford Road

Fordingbridge

SP6 1BD

Hampshire

C.

Hi to all,

Sort of drop tested my battery drop tester yesterday and now it doesn't work. I inherited it from a previous employer and it was old as the hills anyway, but still a good tool gone. I have been looking on the internet and I see a few companies selling pulse testers (act do one) to simulate a drop in 8 second or so. Has anyone used one of these are they any good? or can someone recommend the tester they use. Being a bit tight I have been looking at other ( not security battery) drop testers but their range of Ah doesn't seem to go low enough.

Any thoughts on cost effective drop tester the act pulse one is 180+vat.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

John

Some of the battery testers are designed with software that suits only one brand of battery.

I used to use an ACT one that would always over report on one brand of battery, it was a "lot" out not a little.....

Worth bearing in mind?

I like the old ACT fag lighter one, used with a DMM it's the best test of a battery IMHO.

:whistle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

just remember when using the tester that you have to let it get to the same temperature as the enviroment in which the control panel is in.

take out the van on a cold day and test a battery,will give you false readings

Archived