Security Installer Community

Max Current Draw And Connected Devices

Driller

ah but, but ---- BUT!,

you have to increase resistance by logarithmic increments, so ipso fatso it is impossible to increase smoothly, only linear device can do that :)

regs

alan

Arfur

What are you on about??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Just to say that it's all connected up now and works just fine. In the end I used the AUX+ on the ECP expander board for the internal siren thus leaving the 500mA +12V Bell power for the external siren/strobe. In addition, programmed a second bell trigger on the expansion board also for the internal siren for the same reason. Everything works fine. Re. the thread about connecting stuff up well in the first instance did with the power off and in the second put it in engineer mode and carefully made the necessary adjustments with the lid off. The mains power is quite a way away from the zone terminals. Thank you enormously to everyone for your generous help, without which well, you know...If I was in the UK I would most definately have got one of you guys out in the region but over here in savage France they really do take the piss. BTW I had a look back on some earlier questions I asked whilst still an absolute newbie to this and it makes for frustrating and tedious reading so thanks for all your patience.

Just to say that it's all connected up now and works just fine. In the end I used the AUX+ on the ECP expander board for the internal siren thus leaving the 500mA +12V Bell power for the external siren/strobe. In addition, programmed a second bell trigger on the expansion board also for the internal siren for the same reason. Everything works fine. Re. the thread about connecting stuff up well in the first instance did with the power off and in the second put it in engineer mode and carefully made the necessary adjustments with the lid off. The mains power is quite a way away from the zone terminals. Thank you enormously to everyone for your generous help, without which well, you know...If I was in the UK I would most definately have got one of you guys out in the region but over here in savage France they really do take the piss. BTW I had a look back on some earlier questions I asked whilst still an absolute newbie to this and it makes for frustrating and tedious reading so thanks for all your patience.

What???

That you finished Driller???

No, there really must be something you can work on to keep the dialogue going- as long as its not guitars :D

Guest anguscanplay
What???

No, there really must be something you can work on to keep the dialogue going- as long as its not guitars :D

we could talk about my broken tooth

What???

Nope-I've got the CCTV to fit yet: 4-5 external day/night domes and 2 internals with an 8 channel DVR and some sort sort of perimeter detection system-I've got the ventilation and central veacuum to finish first (couple of weeks worth) but I'll be hanging around all the same. And as Angus says we can always talk teeth heh, heh. BTW what do you do when you're not fitting alarms/cctv?, I guess it's not guitar playing then lol

Nope-I've got the CCTV to fit yet: 4-5 external day/night domes and 2 internals with an 8 channel DVR and some sort sort of perimeter detection system-I've got the ventilation and central veacuum to finish first (couple of weeks worth) but I'll be hanging around all the same. And as Angus says we can always talk teeth heh, heh. BTW what do you do when you're not fitting alarms/cctv?, I guess it's not guitar playing then lol

In for the long haul then eh?? :rolleyes:

Archived