Security Installer Community

Max Current Draw And Connected Devices

Driller

Guest anguscanplay
so this means I can connect the internal sounder to the aux 12V+ but also importantly internal and external sounders to the (one and only) bell trigger without carbonising anything.

nah to much messing- just connect your external ( 12v / 0v / trigger ) and your internal (12v / trigger ) to the sounder terminals

just a caution, i would add observe the difference's between an internal siren/sounder having electronics and driven from a 12 volts source, and an extension speaker which are normally 8-16 ohms, and driven by a signal from the extension speaker output, as get a speaker across 12 volts in alarm condition and an internal barbeque's could happen.

Well I'm glad you mentioned that because this internal sounder has electronics AND a speaker inside! :) (but it is definiately a sounder not a speaker)

in reference to 1.4 amp or 1 amp for grade 2, i'm assuming it's to do with grade 2 rating, which is a fairly recent instigation and demands longer stand-bye times than the older BS 4737 criteria, so hence being lower rated available current for a given battery size to achieve 12 hours under grade 2.

That makes sense. 1.4A is 1.4A whatever language you speak.

personally fro what you have attached i don't think you need an additional psu

Good, thank you. As I said it would be surprising that the panel cannot deal with a few PIR's and int/ext sounders. But please see remark below in response to Angus.

name the panel used and model and others will clarify it's capabilities.

Don't want to get massacred thanks! :fear:

as for knowing about france - lost count of the times stuck in ports waiting for this or that strike to end

Ah, whoops. The train drivers are on strike at the moment because Sarko isn't going to let them retire at 50 anymore seeing as how they drive trains with a joystick these days and no-one is shoveling coal about...

nah to much messing- just connect your external ( 12v / 0v / trigger ) and your internal (12v / trigger ) to the sounder terminals

Angus I'd love to do just that but, without wanting to drag this thread out any more, what about the quoted Individual 12V outputs

Bell +12 V = 500mA max? The SAB draws 110mA(strobe) + 425mA(siren), internal sounder draws 250mA that makes 785mA on alarm :(

Guest anguscanplay
Angus I'd love to do just that but, without wanting to drag this thread out any more, what about the quoted Individual 12V outputs

Bell +12 V = 500mA max? The SAB draws 110mA(strobe) + 425mA(siren), internal sounder draws 250mA that makes 785mA on alarm :(

just connect it - youve got 1amp to play with and we`ve not fried one yet - remember those figures are nominal at 12v but the panel will be anywhere between 12 and 14v in real life - anyone remember ohms law?

Blimey, this takes me back, even got old training manuals from 1871, well it feels that long ago!

OHMS LAW

The amount of current flowing in a circuit made up of pure resistances is directly proportional to the electromotive forces impressed on the circuit and is inversely proportional to the total resistance of the circuit.

Or in simpler terms!

A steady increase in voltage, in a circuit with constant resistance, produces a linear rise in current.

A steady increase in resistance, in a circuit with constant voltage produces a progressively weaker current.

or

If the above is too much for you, there is the alternative Murphy's Law

http://www.g3ycc.karoo.net/murphy1.htm

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay

so does that mean if the panel kicks out a higher voltage there is more current available or the device draws less current? LOL - just wondering cause the quoted draw by the external and internal sounders seems very high compared to the figures we actually see in real life 13.6v situations or is it just they had a cack test meter when they measured it

so does that mean if the panel kicks out a higher voltage there is more current available or the device draws less current? LOL - just wondering cause the quoted draw by the external and internal sounders seems very high compared to the figures we actually see in real life 13.6v situations or is it just they had a cack test meter when they measured it

Right, when I get home tonight after a hard days torturing, I'll check the draw of at least the internal siren. Luckily I've got earplugs designed for playing Motorhead through a Marshall stack.

just connect it - youve got 1amp to play with and we`ve not fried one yet - remember those figures are nominal at 12v but the panel will be anywhere between 12 and 14v in real life - anyone remember ohms law?

V over I R

without knowing the panel model, not sure if the internal is off the same fuse as external siren, and your right about nominal and allowing for say 15% over draw

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Blimey, this takes me back, even got old training manuals from 1871, well it feels that long ago!

A steady increase in resistance, in a circuit with constant voltage produces a progressively weaker current.

but ohms is not a linear measurement so not a steady or smooth adjustment (as it is a logarithmic measurement)" me being a mischievous little git i cause hovac with that remark many moons ago when in a Chubbs training session :)

regs

alan

but ohms is not a linear measurement so not a steady or smooth adjustment (as it is a logarithmic measurement)" me being a mischievous little git i cause hovac with that remark many moons ago when in a Chubbs training session :)

regs

alan

Ah, but magpye stated a steady increase in resistance.

So, on the parameters given, the statement holds true.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Ah, but magpye stated a steady increase in resistance.

So, on the parameters given, the statement holds true.

ah but, but ---- BUT!,

you have to increase resistance by logarithmic increments, so ipso fatso it is impossible to increase smoothly, only linear device can do that :)

regs

alan

Archived