Security Installer Community

Spooky P.a. Activation

Dont the Panic buttons on tills/service desk normally go throught the ID Speech system in them BandQ stores???

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

I don't know if this will help but from my dealing with Galaxy panels. The high resistance 'issues' can be caused by the resistors not being trimmed to remove the sticky end bits. This is normally cured by soldering the connections and then securing under a screw. Better still use resistor packs and solder the connections. Hope you sort before they lose PA responce

Technical Manager

NSI/LPC Approved Alarm Receiving Centre

South Manchester

normally they do go through the IDS system but this store is different, the IDS is powered off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have changed the cable runs as a result of massive earth contact on the original cable. It took 5 hours of recabling but was well worth it. Thanks to all for the pointers with the meters.....

I have also relocated the run into some trunking where there are no mains cables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

normally they do go through the IDS system but this store is different, the IDS is powered off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have changed the cable runs as a result of massive earth contact on the original cable. It took 5 hours of recabling but was well worth it. Thanks to all for the pointers with the meters.....I have also relocated the run into some trunking where there are no mains cables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damn i'm good!!! :yes: now for my doubters - just think how good i am when i'm actually on site B) regsalan
AC, DC or both? :rolleyes:
a true service engineer - would not have to ask :whistle: regsalan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

a true service engineer - would not have to ask :whistle: regsalan

But then I'm not even pretending to be a fake one, unlike some I prefer not to name..... (The clues in the login name :whistle: )

BTW I would probably test AC first but do tell if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Blimey 1000 posts :!:

Guest Dave the alarm man
But then I'm not even pretending to be a fake one, unlike some I prefer not to name.....

oh it a snide day :whistle: yes we know your an IT monkey

BTW I would probably test AC first but do tell if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

cable insulation test if you have the kit

Blimey 1000 posts :!:

feels like that twice that to me.......

cable insulation test if you have the kit

yes a megger can help, but needs great care if you not going to pop the expander or kit attached to it :rolleyes:

great fun if you have a colleague holding on at the far end when you press the test button :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Er why was it in trunking with mains to start with ?

????? my thoughts exactly - not something you think to check immediatly though (me anyway)

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

Archived