Security Installer Community

Cctv For Home

davetherave69

Two things arfur

1 you seem to have slipped back into moderator mode - I`m sarcastic " it`s the lowest form of wit ( but invariably the funniest) but I use these same comments daily with customers and friends, I`m a very big fish in a small pond, my techniques work - dont question them

2 your also not bothering to read the full posts again, I will re do it for the O/P

be careful what you are expecting from CCTV, it`s the 20th century version of the emperors new clothes, the results you get will not be what you expected, I`m not saying DONT have cctv ( indeed I have it myself ) but also dont rely on it in isolation, your better off having an outside lighting system which buzzes in the house to tell you someone is on your property ( example whilst your sat reading this will your cctv let you know someone is looking through your rear window ? - answer is no, thats what I mean by cctv isnt proactive)

so now when you say " I want cctv " what you actually want is an external detection system with remote recording - and arfur that makes more profit for us too - no ?

Thanks for all the advice I was also going to install fllod lights with pir on the house I hope to place the camera by the side of the black flood lights pir so it blends in with the light so not to noticable as im an electrician it wont be that hard for me to install them I will be recording the images and hope to switch to a chanel on the tv to see how is outside as I have a van outside it is mostly to keep an eye on it and if I catch any one damaging my property they will be sorted out no questions answerd. :bruce_h4h:

if I catch any one damaging my property they will be sorted out no questions answerd. :bruce_h4h:

i know what you mean but unless you happy to be tested or know alot of ppl in your area i wouldn't, as next time it will be your windows bricked from a distance.

Guest Dave the alarm man
install fllod lights with pir on the house ..................I have a van outside ................they will be sorted out no questions answerd. :bruce_h4h:

when you pir flood light comes on the camera will adjust the new light levels, chances are lossing the frames with the perts in it

got proper dead locks on the van?

& good old fashioned violence ;)

Two things arfur

1 you seem to have slipped back into moderator mode - I`m sarcastic " it`s the lowest form of wit ( but invariably the funniest) but I use these same comments daily with customers and friends, I`m a very big fish in a small pond, my techniques work - dont question them

2 your also not bothering to read the full posts again, I will re do it for the O/P

be careful what you are expecting from CCTV, it`s the 20th century version of the emperors new clothes, the results you get will not be what you expected, I`m not saying DONT have cctv ( indeed I have it myself ) but also dont rely on it in isolation, your better off having an outside lighting system which buzzes in the house to tell you someone is on your property ( example whilst your sat reading this will your cctv let you know someone is looking through your rear window ? - answer is no, thats what I mean by cctv isnt proactive)

so now when you say " I want cctv " what you actually want is an external detection system with remote recording - and arfur that makes more profit for us too - no ?

Angus you really would do well perhaps to look at some of my posts in my 'pre mod' term, you will see i'm cranky enough to have stepped in and helped the less able posters when being brow beaten best i could (for what that is worth). when i see posters being treated unfairly (as i see it) i react to calm the waters before we get the rhetorical and often well justified annoyed reposts, possibly why i was asked to stand in the 1st place to consider it.

sarcasm has its place but only in the realms that won't misguide people who do not understand the thrust into perhaps not taking up a perfectly good way of protection - as i tried so really hard to point out.

2 was very disparaging imo and i'm sure the o/p was was at best left confused by it, so i repeated your post word for word as you wrote it, them defined my comments accordingly, and they still stand (so sorry mate).

friend or foe i never give any quarter when i see what i think is wrong, so sometimes i sting my 'son' as well as my mates along with my ever present 'afrur burners' too.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for all the advice I was also going to install fllod lights with pir on the house I hope to place the camera by the side of the black flood lights pir so it blends in with the light so not to noticable as im an electrician it wont be that hard for me to install them I will be recording the images and hope to switch to a chanel on the tv to see how is outside as I have a van outside it is mostly to keep an eye on it and if I catch any one damaging my property they will be sorted out no questions answerd. :bruce_h4h:

hi dave,

we can't condone 'direct action' in any way,

please read the comments even the sarcastic ones as they all have some value even if well hidden, you being a sparks will understand engineers banter, but until now for all i knew you were just a general jo public office worker, hence my concern and input.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

when you pir flood light comes on the camera will adjust the new light levels, chances are lossing the frames with the perts in it

got proper dead locks on the van?

& good old fashioned violence

As you quoteded the light will interfer with the camera so is this not a good camera to get as I wonted something that was small to be descreat could I remove the photo cell that turns on the ir lights on the camera or am I talking rubbish.

As you quoteded the light will interfer with the camera so is this not a good camera to get as I wonted something that was small to be descreat could I remove the photo cell that turns on the ir lights on the camera or am I talking rubbish.

What Dave was possibly highlighting was the fact that murphy's law will come into play. Your camera will switch over to day mode when floods come on - just as the scumbag keys the car.

It's just another reason highlighting the fact that cameras, whilst useful, are not the full answer.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived