Security Installer Community

Baxall Up The Coax

breff

We have a site with ztx6 matrix. 32 cameras, 8 monitors, 4 keyboards. Cameras are a combination of dennard 2050s and 2060s, dennard 2006 pan tilt heads and vista domes all being controlled by baxall up the coax using DAX units.

One of the keyboards has gone tits up and we are beginning to think that even if we can get another, how long before something else fails?

So.........the big question is ......................Anyone know of any replacement system that will work with the existing receivers??

We have been told BBV may work and TBH the guys at BBV have been great and will let us try before we buy.

I just wondered if there were any other options.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

We have a site with ztx6 matrix. 32 cameras, 8 monitors, 4 keyboards. Cameras are a combination of dennard 2050s and 2060s, dennard 2006 pan tilt heads and vista domes all being controlled by baxall up the coax using DAX units.

One of the keyboards has gone tits up and we are beginning to think that even if we can get another, how long before something else fails?

So.........the big question is ......................Anyone know of any replacement system that will work with the existing receivers??

We have been told BBV may work and TBH the guys at BBV have been great and will let us try before we buy.

I just wondered if there were any other options.

The ADMPLT32M8-E is the product you would need to replace the ZTX6. This product was a sligthly modified version of the Baxall ZTX7 (Which replaced the ZTX6). It uses keyboards which are similar to the ones the ZTX6 uses, but from what i can remember, they do not run on BAXNET RS485( Though i could be wrong, worth checking up on), which is what the ZTX6/7 keyboards ran on. The AD versions of the keyboard work on RS232. If your Dennard P/T head use FSK then they should work ok. You would still need an DAX for the Vista domes.

The AD Matrix products and keyboards are now manufactured by Tyco in ireland after purchasing the IP and Production

equipmentfrom Baxall (KPMG).

Vista had a Branded version of the ZTX7. Not sure if they still selling or supporting this product since AD purchased the design.

i replaced a bax with a Norbain own make unit, had no probs so i can recommend it.

from memory i think you have to check which receivers you have ac or dc type, but i'm sure it can cope with both

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived