Security Installer Community

Manual Call Point Covers

Stewbow

Yes you can fit them,

BUT you will need to issue a Variation Certificate as it would now be classed as a two action event (lift flap then smash glass) rather than just smash glass.

Dean Wholey

NCC

Dean.Wholey@Ntlworld.com

Me thinks you may of been on too many training courses, That was word perfect Dean :D

We have finally finished all our courses now by the way :rolleyes:

no comment,

that course we went on in york, 2 of the muppets failed it, that bloke that sat next to you and my gaffer,

they both re-sat it and passed it yesterday at luton

Dean Wholey

NCC

Dean.Wholey@Ntlworld.com

When is it ok to use those perspex flip up covers on maual call points, a customer who's got a hotel has seen them and wants them on all 15 call points in his building.

On a very slight tangent, in these days of the Reform Act and Risk Assessments, Fire Officers I've come across generally don't like these flaps (they wouldn't let us use them in a London Theatre where some of the patrons took great delight in smashing glasses).

Your client may be well advised to write up a brief risk assessment as to why the flaps are needed etc etc. and keep it with the Agreed Variation Certificate.

Guest Cerberus NI
On a very slight tangent, in these days of the Reform Act and Risk Assessments, Fire Officers I've come across generally don't like these flaps (they wouldn't let us use them in a London Theatre where some of the patrons took great delight in smashing glasses).

Your client may be well advised to write up a brief risk assessment as to why the flaps are needed etc etc. and keep it with the Agreed Variation Certificate.

With the whole slant being on reducing false alarms it's amazing that some jobworths can't see past the black and white of legislation.

If you have recurring false alarms from malicious activations you can opt to remove the offending item from the system but, generally, in the first instance the covers do work - something to do with the difference between spur of the moment and having to think about doing it.

no comment,

that course we went on in york, 2 of the muppets failed it, that bloke that sat next to you and my gaffer,

they both re-sat it and passed it yesterday at luton

Was this the gardiners bfpsa course?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

With the whole slant being on reducing false alarms it's amazing that some jobworths can't see past the black and white of legislation.

If you have recurring false alarms from malicious activations you can opt to remove the offending item from the system but, generally, in the first instance the covers do work - something to do with the difference between spur of the moment and having to think about doing it.

there is a parallel to this issue in the intruder alarm field, with pab's in vulnerable places. a common 'fix' is to cover with brown paper (so the plebs can't see it's a button) testing is subsequentally done by using a pin though the paper and a bent pin to reset it.

always a quandary, absolute safety verses many false alarms :!:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived