Security Installer Community

Accenta G4

Hi,

I have just moved into a new house. The alarm I have installed has been set to silent timed exit. I did not have an alarm at my previous property and hence keep forgetting to turn it off when I go out in the morning. 30 seconds later just as I'm about to drive off the alarm starts going off !!! I leave the house at 6:30 and will probably get lynched by my neighbours shortly if I set it off again !!!! How can I turn the beeps back on ???? 6:30 is too early for my brain to function so I need a reminder !!!!!

thanks in advance

Lee.

Hi,

thanks for the manual although I already found a copy of that.

I know what I said sounds a bit silly but let me explain

I set the alarm before going to bed and I omit the hall and landing zones leaving the lounge, the kitchen and front door as the 3 active zones

I get up in the morning, go down stairs and then go straight out the front door without turning off the alarm. The front door is the designated entry / exit point.

My wife is still in the house and will be leaving about 30 mins after me so she will be the person setting the alarm for the rest of the day. There is no point in me putting it on for that half an hour period.

Just as I'm about to drive off the alarm starts going off because I didn't input my code within 30 seconds of opening the front door.

What I want to happen is as soon as I open my front door the panel starts its beeping for 30 seconds reminding me to turn it off. I can see in the manual that the engineer can set it to silent exit / entry. What I want to do is turn the noise back on. It happened the other day coming in to the house as well.

I set the alarm

went out for the day

came in - no beeps when I enter as a remnider to turn it off.

I forget about the alarm and walk straight into the lounge and the alarm starts going off.

I understand it fou have kids asleep or something this silent exit might be useful, but I would really like it to beep at me !!!!

hope you can help

Lee.

came in - no beeps when I enter as a remnider to turn it off.

I forget about the alarm and walk straight into the lounge and the alarm starts going off.

I understand it fou have kids asleep or something this silent exit might be useful, but I would really like it to beep at me !!!!

hope you can help

Lee.

Hello Lee,

The option you need to change is almost certainly an "engineering" function that will not be accessible to you and won't be in the user manual.

If you really need this changed you'll have to pay for an engineer to do it for you; maybe think about having the whole system checked over and serviced at the same time. For example, when were the control unit and siren batteries last changed?

as a short term 'fix', place a small soft item in front of the door to remind you switch of the alarm like a knotted handkerchief on the key or door handle perhaps?

have known people place a vase at the top of the stairs as a reminder, but not really advisable as some tripped over them in the dark going to the loo and ended up in hospital :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks guys. The house is only 3 weeks old and not all houses on the estate are finished so the guy fitting the alarms will be back on site at some point. I will get hold of the site manager and get the guy to pop round at some point and sort it out for me. I just thought it might be something where one of you would say do A,B,C and all would be sorted

Archived