Security Installer Community

C&K Securitech Securit 700L

Guest Steve"O"

Guest Steve"O"

I am hoping somebody can advise me. We moved home 2 years ago and inherited the alarm system as topic. The installation was completed in the (McClean) house Jan 1997. I was only given the owner code and no documentation or instructions for this system. Recently a thunderstorm plunged our road into darkness as the mains power went off for a couple of hours. This was accompanied by the sound of our outside siren which eventually stopped. I could not reset the alarm as the numeric panel appeared to be dead. Later about 2:00 AM the power was restorred, our siren once again made its presence felt! I could not reset the alarm, my user code was not being accepted! The internal siren was also sounding this time making careful logical thinking impossible. However I opened the alarm panel and discovered that the positive terminal on the battery had corroded. I located the mains fuse and removed it. The internal siren stopped. After awhile the outside siren stopped. I am now wondering how to get the system to take a user code I assume that total loss of mains and battery will have wiped the user code and that I need some kind of default code. Why I cannot have access even to some user instructions is beyond me I was going to change the user code but I have no instructions. Please could some kind installer help me. My plan is to buy another battery and continue to use the alarm. The PCB seems OK. Sorry for the wordy bit but if you imagine a frantic end user late at night trying to reset the system......

Many thanks Steve.

Steve-O

A new battery may help, and your existing codes and set up should be stored in the Non Volatile Memory.

The system is going to be a few years old, and by the sounds of things, it has not been serviced for a while. If you want a reliable system, may I suggest that you get it serviced?

Don't suppose your down this way?

cheers

Steve K

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

You can always tell the Non-Maintained systems when there`s a power cut.

1st the bells trigger,

2nd Customer panic`s,

3rd Cry for Help........

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Steve"O"

Thanks for quick reply.

Service may be good advice. The system hasn't given trouble up to now, I live up north, Cleveland. What does a service normally consist of and where can I get a user manual, surely something as simple as changing the user code should be given in instructions to a new occupier? Regards Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a user manual but no installation manual. I can scan and send it to you if you like.

Does anyone know where I can get parts for this alarm ? C&K Systems Ltd. seem to have disappeared. I need one of the plastic items that cover the screws on teh bell box as the tamper alarm keeps going off. It appears the engineer on one of my services broke it and I suspect the warm sun is causing it to shift.

Guest Audrey

Steve,

Did you have any joy in getting a user guide as I have a simalar problem with my system. I moved into a my new house in 2001 and it has a Securitech C&K alarm system. When I asked the previous owner for the user code he told me he didnt have it as the number had been changed when he let the property out. I have contacted a security company who want a lot of money to re set the code for me. I too was not given a copy of the owners manual on completion of my purchase of the house.

Could you perhaps advise me of the reset proceedure if it is in the manual.

Guest Guest_Dave

Many thanks for the link Colin - like Audrey and Steve O, I recently moved to a house with a 700L system and was looking for a user manual.

A search on Google led me to this forum - it's things like this that remind you just how useful the web can be and how helpful ordinary people can be!

Dave

Guest Larry the Lamb

If your main panel is similar to the Securitech 800 series (late 1990's vintage), the default engineer code will be <CODE REMOVED> (unless it's been changed by the installer).

Trouble is, it wont help you much unless you've got the Install manual (which I DO!). Post me your email address here if you need a copy - ST800L ONLY, that is.

(with due respect to PROFESSIONAL installers out there), The COWBOYS that installed the alarms in our (new) houses were most slap-dash, several not even having batteries fitted. Prolonged power failures definitly knock this panel out, with it forgetting settings and often refusing to reset properly one power is restored. This is odd, as the parameters are stored in a 'non-volatile' chip, but it happens none-the-less. The fix is a factory reset, reprogram, and a new battery!

If that doesn't do it, the panel is probably fried. I'm not the world's expert in alarm panels, but I do understand electronics, and this one is definitly a bit "minimalist" when it comes to lighening or short-circuit protection. You could, however, expect to buy a new panel and keypad, and reuse the existing cabling and bell-box.

Personally, I think it would be easier to introduce Capital Punishment for all burglars. Certainly cut down on repeat offenders....

Larry

Waza04 Admin: READ THE RULES OF THIS FORUM!!

Archived