Security Installer Community

Probably Pretty Basic Questions.

cweeks

Guest anguscanplay
Two reasons: 1) I hate not knowing, I make no apologies for this sometimes expensive trait I have had some great fun over the years learning the harder way, not lessons I have forgotten either ,even if I do brick it it's no big deal, 43 quid according to Google and I will then have the engineers code 2) There is no place to put another hole, I could get the cable from a to b via a few other routes all of which would look rubbish, I could rip the floor up to hide it, you get the idea.

cool - thats your choice, my times too expensive to waste it at school

I would of thought a good security system was like cryptography, knowing the method used to implement it doesn't in anyway help you defeat it.

Welcome cweeks and I very much sympathise with your view. As an IT person I've made that point before in some interesting debates on here, but the fact is that alarms do still definitely depend upon "security by obscurity" and are likely to continue that way, though it would be really good if they didn't. :ninja:

even if you got all the tech info you ask for, you will need to disconnect and remove the cables, widen the hole - with a bigerer drill tip, refit and reconnect the original cables correctly and hope to God nothing gets blown up and/or damaged in the process.

tbh, get an engineer in, cheapest, safest, quickest, bestist option by far, so please trust me if no one else on this - as i'm a doctor :yes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

even if you got all the tech info you ask for, you will need to disconnect and remove the cables, widen the hole - with a bigerer drill tip, refit and reconnect the original cables correctly and hope to God nothing gets blown up and/or damaged in the process.

tbh, get an engineer in, cheapest, safest, quickest, bestist option by far, so please trust me if no one else on this - as i'm a doctor :yes:

regs

alan

bestist - LOL.

i have changed my mind on this one. don't get a man in, save yourself some money and do what you think is best. i would if it was gas or electricity or the roof or my computer or my car. i do it all the time and i save so much money. I'm not giving this advice as an alarm engineer BTW.

bestist - LOL.

i have changed my mind on this one. don't get a man in, save yourself some money and do what you think is best. i would if it was gas or electricity or the roof or my computer or my car. i do it all the time and i save so much money. I'm not giving this advice as an alarm engineer BTW.

OK guys, thank you for all the opinions. I will let you know how I get on, unless I screw up of course in which case I will just keep my head down :) I may have cost myself the odd penny tinnitus, but I guess like you I have saved a lot to.

Cam.

OK guys, thank you for all the opinions. I will let you know how I get on, unless I screw up of course in which case I will just keep my head down :) I may have cost myself the odd penny tinnitus, but I guess like you I have saved a lot to.

Cam.

Nice!

call me if you have any problem. i do a better job than the cowboys. being an indian myself :blue:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay

Cam.

I think he was been ironic

I think he was been ironic

No irony or sarcasm intended, it was interesting to get the views even though not directed at my original question. I am definitely a do it yourself if you can type, sometimes I do wonder if I should let go and let someone else do it for me. But as I type this I think of the times I have let garages loose with my car, never once have I been back to the same garage, a subject for another forum perhaps. I am not taring you guys with the same brush at all, but just trying to explain me.

Archived