Security Installer Community

Pir Locations

ricool

when you buy your pir's you should seek the advice of the vendor, also read the enclosed pamphlet (as boring as it is - i know).

we can't advise you on actual positioning as we do not know what obstructions are present or if you have an item of high value which is not protected, we could be held legally liable under 'duty of care' as a 'designer', if you subsequently suffered a lose even though we have not received a penny.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
post-14509-1190803878_thumb.jpgHi there,

As a diy alarm novice I'm after a bit of advice with locations of my pirs for the alarm i'm installing - see the diagram - sorry its a bit naff - anyway let me know your thoughts?

Thanks

I can`t tell you what to do but I can tell you whats wrong with your ideas so far

1 hall pir - are you having a door contact too ? if so the pir needs to NOT be above the door

2 lounge - pir wants to be in a corner

3 dining / kitchen - ditto

4 lounge - I assume the panel is in the lounge cause its next to the fuseboard ? if thats your plan you will need a sparky to certify the connection

5 you aint got an upstairs ?

6 you aint got any bells on it ( bit important too they are )

Like Arfur says if someone specs it without a full R/A then its there //.B.W.F.// in the vice if it all goes wrong

let us see how you get on

Angus

andy, dont start about contacts and hidding cables on pvc doors!

LOL, only joking mate

Don't spoil my fun! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it looks a rather wide back door and you guys are always doubtful about detectors pointing at patio doors which looks like the situation here!

Though someone else asked was it a conservatory, which would be even worse...... :ninja:

Guest anguscanplay
Don't spoil my fun! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it looks a rather wide back door and you guys are always doubtful about detectors pointing at patio doors which looks like the situation here!

that one is a horse shoot - dont matter either way , but we could argue it for months

1 hall pir - are you having a door contact too ? if so the pir needs to NOT be above the door

was thinking about not having a door contact, was going to have it set on timer exit delay...if thats possible/makes sense..

2 lounge - pir wants to be in a corner

wanted pir to cover window and panel, also a little bit hidden in that corner - nice room with traditional cornicing etc... don't want a pir in main corner - will look a bit naff, beside hall will be covered (entrance to room)....

3 dining / kitchen - ditto

4 lounge - I assume the panel is in the lounge cause its next to the fuseboard ? if thats your plan you will need a sparky to certify the connection

yeah next to fuseboard, new fuseboard already installed and certified...

5 you aint got an upstairs ?

forgot about the stairs...now detailed, not worried about upstairs as very difficult to gain access to upstairs from outside...

6 you aint got any bells on it ( bit important too they are )

bell will be on rear, with dummy on side

Like Arfur says if someone specs it without a full R/A then its there //.B.W.F.// in the vice if it all goes wrong

what are the main things to look for when R/A

It is patio on the back, will use DT pir for kitchen

cheers,

post-14509-1190893222_thumb.jpg

Archived