Security Installer Community

Pir Locations

ricool

Guest anguscanplay
1 hall pir - are you having a door contact too ? if so the pir needs to NOT be above the door

was thinking about not having a door contact, was going to have it set on timer exit delay...if thats possible/makes sense..

use a door contact then you can have it " chime " when its opened

2 lounge - pir wants to be in a corner

wanted pir to cover window and panel, also a little bit hidden in that corner - nice room with traditional cornicing etc... don't want a pir in main corner - will look a bit naff, beside hall will be covered (entrance to room)....

trust me it will look worse out of position like that - consider a 360deg ceiling one

3 dining / kitchen - ditto

4 lounge - I assume the panel is in the lounge cause its next to the fuseboard ? if thats your plan you will need a sparky to certify the connection

yeah next to fuseboard, new fuseboard already installed and certified...

you`ll still need to certify the connection to the alarm wherever it is - wont be covered by your existing cert

5 you aint got an upstairs ?

forgot about the stairs...now detailed, not worried about upstairs as very difficult to gain access to upstairs from outside...

if you dont do it but then get burgled that way it`s a real kick in the nuts

6 you aint got any bells on it ( bit important too they are )

bell will be on rear, with dummy on side

Like Arfur says if someone specs it without a full R/A then its there //.B.W.F.// in the vice if it all goes wrong

what are the main things to look for when R/A

you need to be qualified to do one

It is patio on the back, will use DT pir for kitchen

dont wory about it as long as you get good scanners

cheers,

cheers for you advice, especially about the 360 degree pir, what are the pros and cons of 360 degree ones against standard?

also does anyone know how to remove smoke detectors - I have an old smoke fire alarm system with smoke detectors in each room (there about 15yrs old) but look like the same used to day - tried to remove one the other day without success, it looks like it fits in to a round plastic plate thats screwed to the ceiling, but shoving a screw driver down the side and prying didn't seem to do it, arr just had a though they don't screw off?...

cheers for you advice, especially about the 360 degree pir, what are the pros and cons of 360 degree ones against standard?

also does anyone know how to remove smoke detectors - I have an old smoke fire alarm system with smoke detectors in each room (there about 15yrs old) but look like the same used to day - tried to remove one the other day without success, it looks like it fits in to a round plastic plate thats screwed to the ceiling, but shoving a screw driver down the side and prying didn't seem to do it, arr just had a though they don't screw off?...

360 pir' are more expensive, and you need to concider also if the location in regards as whats above it to run the cable. for instance if installing to the lounge is it actually the middle of you master bedroom floor? if so will lifting carpets and moving furniture outweigh any benefits?

again no one can advise you of the best detector or location for a perticular room without seeing your home and the life style, pets, kids, lodgers whatever all come into the design. some people don't care if they are burgled as long as they are not in the house at the time. others are more worried about contents than themselves so this is all part of the overall assessment, and most noted by habit.

human nature decrees a simple system is more likely to be used more often by the end users after the novelty wears off. as example think about the simple dishwasher what a great labour saving device - but who empties or loads it after the first 4 weeks?).

so within reason simple can be more beneficial than one with all the bells and whistles on. my peer's or i could fit the most complex integrated systems by request of the client, and i have done only to be told they want to press only one button to operate it, and that includes part sets, chime and omits - so yer right! :rolleyes: see what i mean about first hand viewing?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived