Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Tamper Light Fault

wappa5384

Hi people,,Just bought a house and alarm has a scantronic 9448 fitted,,i know nothing about them but whenever we set the alarm,,approx 30mins to 1 hour after setting the alarm goes off,everytime without failand ther tamper light is lit,Any suggestions of help required please,,

cheers

paul

Hi people,,Just bought a house and alarm has a scantronic 9448 fitted,,i know nothing about them but whenever we set the alarm,,approx 30mins to 1 hour after setting the alarm goes off,everytime without failand ther tamper light is lit,Any suggestions of help required please,,

cheers

paul

You have a tamper fault, caused by one or more of a few things. as it is a intermittent fault you will need an engineer.

this lot will look after you

Wolf Security (N.W.) Ltd

102 Wigan Road

Standish

Wigan

WN6 0AY

0845 2577011

info@wolfsecurity.co.uk

www.wolfsecurity.co.uk

SSAIB Approved Company with insurance cover.

Covering Northwest England 24 Hours a day.

hi

chances are someone has knocked a lid on a detector or panic button during the move i/out process, have look and see if any detector lids seem loose. even if this solves it get a decent company to give your system a good once over.

you have to remember it was installed to suit the needs of th previous owner, and might still be adequate for your needs or may not meet them the best. given you have a 'free' system chucked in the cost of the maintenance visit if you consider the pro's advice and peace of mind so gained is relatively cheap

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Dave the alarm man
chances are someone has knocked a lid on a detector or panic button during the move i/out process

chances are the last onwer did not set because it been playing up for yonks...

give wolf security a ring, problem sorted

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Does the tamper reset straight away, ie if you put your code in twice does it clear? If so its probably a duff battery.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived