Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Tamper Light

martins

I have a veritas 8, we hit the panic alarm by accident, the tamper light is now on,

Can someone walk me through how an engineer would reset it, and the codes thay might use lik please do not post codes that you think may be right

Help appreciated

I have a veritas 8, we hit the panic alarm by accident, the tamper light is now on,

Can someone walk me through how an engineer would reset it, and the codes thay might use lik ****, or ****, or is it ****?

Help appreciated

No codes please, even default ones

I assume you have now turned off the noise?

1st, reset the Panic button

2nd, back to the panel, turn it on as though you are going out, then turn it off - using your code

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Can someone walk me through how an engineer would reset it, and the codes thay might use lik please do not post codes that you think may be right

Help appreciated

they may have wired you panic button through your tampert/bell tamper, not how it should be done but i've often seen it.

have you reset the panic button? you may have a key for it?

they may have wired you panic button through your tampert/bell tamper, not how it should be done but i've often seen it.

have you reset the panic button? you may have a key for it?

I am sure it is, some where I saw it written down, yes on the instructions, panic = Tamper, what do I DO NOW!???

Alarm wont set using our code, just signals a bleep

Thanks for help

I am sure it is, some where I saw it written down, yes on the instructions, panic = Tamper, what do I DO NOW!???

Alarm wont set using our code, just signals a bleep

Thanks for help

Thought so,

Reset the panic button, if it has a key slot. [is the button stuck down?]

try reset button at the panel/keypad

enter code

press full

enter code.

all should be well.

if not you have either not reset the button or it is programmed as engineer reset on tamper.

Thought so,

Reset the panic button, if it has a key slot. [is the button stuck down?]

try reset button at the panel/keypad

enter code

press full

enter code.

all should be well.

if not you have either not reset the button or it is programmed as engineer reset on tamper.

Yes, pretty sure engineer on Tamper, i.e last time we had a power cut, tamper light cam on, I am fed up with paying, any ideas how I can reset it,

Yes, pretty sure engineer on Tamper, i.e last time we had a power cut, tamper light cam on, I am fed up with paying, any ideas how I can reset it,

are you under a contract or warranty?

if not they have no reason to have it progged as engineer reset, get them out one last time and have them remove the engineer reset. when they say they have test it in front of them by pressing the panic and trying a reset with your code.

are you under a contract or warranty?

if not they have no reason to have it progged as engineer reset, get them out one last time and have them remove the engineer reset. when they say they have test it in front of them by pressing the panic and trying a reset with your code.

Is there no way I can do it?

Is there no way I can do it?

hi martins

quite simply as security engineers and under site rules (and common sense) we will not tell you how. with all respects i'm sure you are perfectly honest and straight, but we would be foolish to offer such information for open consumption by any browsing felon.

you could contact an alternative alarm company if you are not satisfied with the existing one, ask them to attend and report on the systems functionality and condition on the system in laymans languadge that you can understand and also to remove the engineer reset (if active).

as always geta an estimate BEFORE engaging anyone to do this work.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived