Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Tamper Light

martins

hi martins

quite simply as security engineers and under site rules (and common sense) we will not tell you how. with all respects i'm sure you are perfectly honest and straight, but we would be foolish to offer such information for open consumption by any browsing felon.

you could contact an alternative alarm company if you are not satisfied with the existing one, ask them to attend and report on the systems functionality and condition on the system in laymans languadge that you can understand and also to remove the engineer reset (if active).

as always geta an estimate BEFORE engaging anyone to do this work.

regs

alan

This very annoying, I paid them in good faith to fit a new battery only six months ago, they never mentioned this feature, it is a company I have used on and off over 7 years, not once have they mentioned that this is an optional feature, I feel very cheated, Unless someone sends me a PM with how to put in an engineers code, Looks like I will use them one last time, My neighbour uses another company for her annual service, I will be using them in April, Moral of the story-join this web site earlier, Is this a Typical thing for Security companies to do to customers?

O.K To abide by site rules, etc, Imagine I have the code, what is the se3quence to input it?

they may not have done this, just seems that way.

if someone is under contract i program engineer reset on tampers, this allows us to stop/ know if it has been messed with, as in the terms this voids the contract/cover.

however i would never wire i panic through tamper, and then have the cheek to prog it as engineer reset. on a bells only system reseting the panic button should be i user feature.

**Although all this is speculation as i have never seen your system and i'm just going off what you have said.

Latest, Tamper light is off

Regardless of choice, full or part gurd mean all PIA 's are active,

I want to get our old part Guard back, that omits some zones, the cats at night!

How do I do that, now I know my engineers code,

If I follow the change code instructions, will that just give me a new code to use, the engineers code will remain in the system?

Help appreciated

Archived