Security Installer Community

Image Not Clear

cycop

1. video connections 's problem

2. you can swap the cams -- you said you have two, right?

3. after swaping, if the same problem., it is the cam faulty -- ask the supplier to replace it

:-)

If you swap the camera and still have same problem, how is it the camera??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Maybe induced voltage on the coax cable!

Is the cable run with mains cables or near to them?

:hmm:

Maybe you need to re-route your cable run!

It could be a lot of things, however it is most likely a difference in ground potential, the best test is to use another camera or portable output device like a mini DVD player adn see if the problem persists, if not then it is not a cable fault, make sure though that the camera housing or bracket is not mounted without an earth, IE on bare metal.

Then if the problem does persist, try to re crimp the connectors, if it still exists and is 24VAC then change the wires around on the transformer...(so long as it is a power pack that supports this type of connection), then if it is not a Phase issue start looking for interference in the line, you could use a riser bond or simply re-route the cable, but before doing this, let old mate win his 10quid and try the humbug.

have you tried it directly into the monitor?

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

hi,

I have horizontal lines which looks like distortions on my CCTV video what could be wrong?

how do i enhance the signal for BNC cable?

Try the new cam directly plugged into the monitor without anything between.

If its still a problem then try the cam powered from the same power source as the monitor

If its still a problem then try the cam on a short flying lead directly into the monitor

If its still a problem it is almost certainly the new camera

if the 1st step showed no fault then something between the two is the cause

if step two cured it then there is a earth loop problem which should be cured by humbug or run power to it from the same point as the monitor and any recording equipment.

If step 3 cured it then the coax is faulty or picking up interference along its route

Hope that helps? Paul.

It could be a lot of things, however it is most likely a difference in ground potential, the best test is to use another camera or portable output device like a mini DVD player adn see if the problem persists, if not then it is not a cable fault, make sure though that the camera housing or bracket is not mounted without an earth, IE on bare metal.

Then if the problem does persist, try to re crimp the connectors, if it still exists and is 24VAC then change the wires around on the transformer...(so long as it is a power pack that supports this type of connection), then if it is not a Phase issue start looking for interference in the line, you could use a riser bond or simply re-route the cable, but before doing this, let old mate win his 10quid and try the humbug.

Sorry for that question, could someone tell me more about humbug? What is humbug and how does it work?

Thank you.

Sorry for that question, could someone tell me more about humbug? What is humbug and how does it work?

Thank you.

Its correct name is a 'ground loop isolator' it compensates for differences in earth or ground between equipment.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived